Just beceause it not brand new ..

supo

Sitting here scratching my head

Need t o build my old faves

The taylor made(yes i know thats an impossible statement for me, but its true)

Japana tpburner from2007

And the yonex nextage 9deg ishikawa driver from 09 204 grams

The yonex altough very dead feel is one heck of a driver for puttin it out therewith abit of run

And the tmtp is just one heck of a driver to get on fairways

Perfect for my short home courses. 202 grams

These need shafts

Im thinking 44.5 inch in both

Shafts suggestions?

I had a Diamana X 60S in the Nextage for a little while. That was a killer combo, almost never missed a fairway with. Unfortuntely for me the 60S is too light and loose so I never quite got the timing down to maximize distance. For you and your penchant for the X 70S, I think that would be a new old favorite quite quickly.

For the TP, I put a P9003 into an older Taylor 300 Ti driver head and it was a tad too spiny of of combo, but if the burner is a lower spin head than the 300 you might like it too.

So my recommendation is:

Nextage / Diamana X70S or the new model that is supposed to be similar to it

TMTP Burner / GD P or Z 9003

It took the t388 to get that Burner TP out of my bag. And even then, I've held onto it for safe keeping... Great driver.

the first hsaft i thought of is the p9003x for the yonex. cut down this will be a an uber schlokken straight ahead driver

this is really the way im thinking for this maybe even 44 inch

the TMTP i gotta get a low lolow launch shaft bec it does spin and does go high.

the P9 wont be of any sue in this but i need an 80+ gram shaft, the nunchuk no good ot enough loft on it.

and the attas iwasnt a fan of even tho one of them is very low.

maybe hte red one i think.

that might suffice bec. its only for special occasions.

some great shaft suggestions there.

Pretty sure over the next week you can try them all

these wont be played a lot so theyr are just for sydney basically.

control not yardage.

so maybe the DJ 8s might be a good idea. i mean i hate this shaft but its got something going for it its dead but stright , no ?

The DJ does spin quite a bit though, I never found it to be any sort of a low launch or flight.

I would suggest these shafts from the same era. heavy and low for control!

Burner - Original Diamana Whiteboard 83 for those super windy conditions needing low punch drives!

Nextage - Diamana Blueboard 103 for those super narrow fairways requiring ultimate control and workability.

Rombax 7V05, 8Z08, ZCom Pro 95, Proforce V2 in 86 or 96g to name a few others I can think of.

+1 on the 103 gram Blueboard, and the original Whiteboard, serious shafts for serious courses.... Not much in the feel department, but these are going to OZ as specialty builds and the performance will make up for lack of feel when you use them. Pro 95 is a good shaft as well, it was always excellent in FW's, would be good in one of those playing 44.0 or 44.25.

well ive put the ali islei back into play on a cpl of fairway woods recently and its sensational. no loss of feel o nthis thing

so those are very solid ideas.. il hunt down a blue board. for the nextage

but the white is too much for me i always miss it way right.

maybe a nun chuk might be ok i nthat head actually.

ah........!

the bimatrix!

diamana W series in the burner. get the W80 Grammer

yonex you can try the heavy waccine you already have or even a DI8S.

THESE things are mid low launch and low spin. they launch significantly lower than the 7 series.

or you can try the new GT8

cant hit the W.. my swing characterisitcs kill me with it ,i slice the blazes out of it.

the D18 is a good idea... esp for the TMTP.. in fact...... uve just sealed that ones fate spoony...

dont wanna drop a load on these so ignoring the new shafts .. the slightly older ones will suffice perfectly.

so DI 8s in the tmtp.... DONE..

and im really utie thinking the bimatrix for the nextage....................,

cant hit the W.. my swing characterisitcs kill me with it ,i slice the blazes out of it.

the D18 is a good idea... esp for the TMTP.. in fact...... uve just sealed that ones fate spoony...

dont wanna drop a load on these so ignoring the new shafts .. the slightly older ones will suffice perfectly.

so DI 8s in the tmtp.... DONE..

and im really utie thinking the bimatrix for the nextage....................,

how about your matrix proto FM8 in the nextage?

or a diamana 7X tipped for the low launchers if you

have one laying around.

youl most likely be fine with the p9003 all around wise

that matrix was a big thought but i launches on the higher side.

and i dont need a high launch shaft.

quite an interestign shaft that one. better get more details on it i think.........,

• 3 weeks later...

Good thread Stew. Just built an Epon Technity 420 with Axiv V 7072. Both oldies, but anyone who has been around this site a while knows how good they are. Just won monthly medal with this old bag of tricks (on a very long track). My whole bag is "old", even though I have tried a lot of the "new"!