Forgiving irons from the last 5 years?

LeftoveRRice

First post here! Looking for the most forgiving irons from the last 5 years? I'm currently playing the Tourstage TS-202 with stock steel shaft, got these on ebay a couple years ago. Before that I played the Nike Sumo. Not sure if there are anything else out there for me. Last fitting I had back in March put me into Ping i25 with Steelfiber i95 stiff. Just looking for a jdm equivalent. I have a driver ss of 90mph and fitter put me into stiff shafts, don't why but he recommended it with my swing style.

I say try good ole Bridgestone J40 DPC, first choice than J40 CB. I know they are not your normal JDM irons but they are same company as Tourstage with Endo forging using 1020 steel. Softest steel currently being used on golf irons. They are also very very forgiving with great soft feel where you can sense the ball compressing to the heads on good hit.

Edited by JS Golf

ANYTHING................... from XXIO.

This. Even their "forged" series are forgiving. And feel great too. My friend plays them, and I've hit them several times. Just a great, easy to hit soft feeling club

I say try good ole Bridgestone J40 DPC, first choice than J40 CB. I know they are not your normal JDM irons but they are same company as Tourstage with Endo forging using 1020 steel. Softest steel currently being used on golf irons. They are also very very forgiving with great soft feel where you can sense the ball compressing to the heads on good hit.

Thanks, I'll try them next.

2011 OnOFF forged.....and the older On Off forged plus

I thought TM's JDM release of the burner forged was a great combination of looks and playability.

Don't discount your tourstage 202s. If you can live with the offset that was an incredible set for distance, feel, and looks.

Just looked online at the TM Burner Forged and they looked good. Ts-202 still in play just looking for something to do over the winter.

The older Onoff irons would be forgiving and great value.... !!

• 3 weeks later...

epon 502s but a bit clicky. Otherwise onoff 12/13

I say forget forgiving irons. Learn to swing better. get a blade 6 or 7 irons and only practice that on the range.

• 1 month later...

There are plenty of really nice forged blades on e**ay. I would select something from Muira, Vega, Mizuno, Epon, KZG. I use a 6 iron Nicklaus Muirfield forged blade.

Titleist 2010 VG3's or 2014 VG3's. I have both. Just upgraded to the 2014's

yourpressed moved from 202's to 2010 VG3's. He had the 202's a long time and is still trying to knock the 2010 VG3's out of the bag.

Any year titleist vg3 (2010,2012) should be forgiving and high launching enough for anyone not extremely lacking in power. I hear the 2014 vg3 irons are the best performing yet, but I haven't tried those. I prefer the look of the 2012 best.

I just switched from the 2010 to the 2014 VG3 and I believe the 2014 is an upgrade in performance and in aesthetics bet yet for me in JDM and I have tried a bunch.

• 1 month later...

I just switched from the 2010 to the 2014 VG3 and I believe the 2014 is an upgrade in performance and in aesthetics bet yet for me in JDM and I have tried a bunch.

Hey stevopagolf,

I was wondering if you have any pictures of the 2014 VG3's of the 5iron, 6 iron and 7 iron that shows the off set? I'm getting ready to order a set and that is my only concern. I currently play the 2014 Taylormade Tour Preferred MC's but played the AP2's for 4 years which were my favorite until the 714's came out which were just to hard feeling. I play some senior PGA events in my chapter and I'm looking for a little more distance and forgiveness and love the look of the VG3's and every thing I'm reading about them.

I also considered the Srixon Z545's but the VG3's seem to be a little better reviewed. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you purchase your VG3's from Tourspec as well?

Thanks,

Ted

Edited by VTHOKIES