Epon 2015 Release Schedule

TourSpecGolfer

I thought Epon fans would like this :) even though TSG no longer sells the brand due to their 1980's policy of no Internet selling we thought this info is valuable as we have known about it for almost a year now and it's time to spill the beans before others do...

AF-303: It's coming in February and isn't the predecessor of the 302 actually, it's got a deeper cavity and is a little larger for more forgiveness.
AF-Tour CB: This one is the successor to the AF-302 or what many thought would be the AF-303 ( players CB )
AF-903 Hybrid: Smaller deeper faced hybrid more athlete.
ZERO Driver: New 440cc version of the zero driver for the better player

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

440 Zero!! Did not see that coming !

Edited by nobmontana

i love how they have no replacement for the AF Tours. IMO its one of the best overall blades... ever.

I heard from the Eopn rep that new AF Tour is coming too. The Personal 2 is probably the best blade there is. Soft and dense feel and very forgiving.

Edited by jimmieboi

I heard from the Eopn rep that new AF Tour is coming too. The Personal 2 is probably the best blade there is. Soft and dense feel and very forgiving.

This is the AF Tour he is talking about, he just wasn't aware it's now a CB.

So wait, now im confused. is the AF Tour CB replacing the 302 or AF Tour Original? My reading comprehension implies that the Tour CB replaces the AF 302? or am i wrong on this? or perhaps, the AF Tour Original will be no longer and a the AF Tour CB will replace the AF Tour and AF 302?

AF Tour CB will be the players CB.

AF302 grows in size.

Do you know if the AF Tour CB will come in left handed?

Do you know if the AF Tour CB will come in left handed?

No they won't but the new Bridgestone clubs will be in lefty soon.

I hear so many people talk about Epon clubs. Are they really that special? I love my VG3 irons and am sticking with them but just interested in what others say about Epon products.

Many race to no end about them. They are supposed to be the best that Endo offers. Endo being the numbver one forging house/quality wise in the world. However, you are paying a huge premium for that elite club. I think TSG has many clubs that cost less that are right there. Miura, Yamaha, Prgr...and there are many more. They won't make you play better persay, it's more the feel and accuracy.

Many race to no end about them. They are supposed to be the best that Endo offers. Endo being the numbver one forging house/quality wise in the world. However, you are paying a huge premium for that elite club. I think TSG has many clubs that cost less that are right there. Miura, Yamaha, Prgr...and there are many more. They won't make you play better persay, it's more the feel and accuracy.

I agree totally, and most of the time it's the person, not the tool. that being said, most Epons that I've played or tried have had a very unique feel to each of them, and you know you're getting premium craftsmanship and a very special club.

I'd also agree that there are a bunch of other great JDM brands out there, and there are a few I personally want to try before getting another set of Epons, but it's definitely worth it to identify one set of Epons you'd like to try and experience the brand, very nice stuff.

Epon has a worldwide sales network if I'm not mistaken? There is even a "Epon North America" webpage, so Epon is not JDM at all.

I have the Yoro mp69, Yururi flat back and Personal 2. I can say that all perform well, but the Epon is magical. The feel is so unique and addictive. One must hit to believe.

I've been meaning to ask this of owners of both, can you verbalize the difference between p1 and p2? is it a feel difference, performance difference, combination of the 2 or just flat out something different? So far, it's been a more understated and quiet statement, it seems, but the message I'm getting is the p2's are amazing all around. thoughts?

I never own the P1 but have hit once on the range. Can't really deeply compare the two but I can say on the forgiveness and performance. The P1 is not forgiving and distance lost is very noticeable. The P2 feels is "soft and dense". Mizuno has "soft and solid" feel the Yururi has "butterly soft" feel and the P2 is very "soft" yet so dense that it yields a sensational feel at impact. One thing that I feel the P2 exceeds in all the blade is "forgiveness". This is by far the most forgiving blade I have ever hit. Think of P2, in term of forgiveness, as the S-yard t.388 (very small head yet has the forgiveness of the 460cc head of Ryoma). I see some complaint on the "off set" of P2, it's actually not that bad at all. Look perfect at address.

Of course Epon is JDM, it's sold to the Japanese Domestic Market, even though it is sold elsewhere in the same form. If they had a special North American product lineup, that line would not be JDM. Mizuno JPX 850 Forged are not JDM. Their equivalent Japan only product is JDM.

• 2 weeks later...

Here you go guys, AF-303, AF-Tour CB, AF-903 Hybrid. Unfortunately they are not new designs based on new molds but I'm sure many will like them.

post-18-0-43126700-1422799721_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-76345800-1422799731_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-72978000-1422799738_thumb.jpg