Honma at PGA Tour Superstore

bngolfer

I found some Honma clubs, including this 3-wood here http://m.pgatoursuperstore.com/honma-g1x-fairway-wood/1000000003870.jsp. Are they marketing another line in the US? I have only seen their clubs at Fairway Golf in SD and Mountain view before.

I'm not in the market as I've just shafted the A-grind up. Just surprised to see Honma there. Why do they do that though, put their name on stuff inferior to what they are known for? Desperately bad financials?

I read their press release about going after 5 % of the global golf club market and the importance of this line, designed by Sakata but for a global market. So it is really a charge at the big market with a great brand but with quality not at its oeak because 99 % of golfers will never notice. Smart move.

I watched the ad for the G1X and learned that the loft lie adjustments don't require a shaft rotation - this should be how all adjustable sleeves function!

Why stay away from this? Poorly made?

I shouldn't say stay away, I would just suggest Honma models like Beres or TW series no matter where it's sold over the G1X.

G1X they are trying to reach a certain price point and in order to do that certain sacrifices are made, Designed at Sakata is all Honma models, Made at Sakata is not.