Who is playing Scratch?

VokeyMan

47*, 54* and 60*

Satin Chrome. 4* bounce on the 47*. 54* @ 12* bounce and 60 @ 10*. Straight neck, minimal offset. Details on the grind... That's for Ari, I just asked for a slightly killed leading edge.

1scratchbagclose1.jpg

I will be using them tomorrow.

58* 8* bounce. Heel, toe and trailing edge relief.

53* 8* bounce.. Heel, min Trailing edge relief.

Unfinshed with 53 58 no dots with ERICH on the wedge and no Paint fill.

They look great I am exicted to try them out.

I will post pics when I get around to it. Just got home from a 3hr drive.

I'm playing Scratch CB's with Nickel finish which have a very Mizuno like grind for sweeper sliders like me.

I've got 3 wedges 53 and 48 low bounce, minimal camber, killed leading edge, little trailing edge relief. The 58 has high bounce, trailing edge relief which lets me open her up, the bounce helps out of the traps. Lots of camber to help my sweeper slider chips and pitches. great wedge for around the green. I've been playing them with the Antique finish for about a year now and I couldn't be happier. The just antique looks better and better with time.

Six irons: Scratch Proto CBs, brushed nickel finish, no paintfill; D-4; Project X 5.0 shafts; Titleist 962 triple grind sole, Tourstage Z101 toe shape; 9 iron has 45* loft, 36.375" length and 63.5* lie; irons progress 5* in loft and 0.625" in length to a 20* loft, 39.5" length and 60* lie 3 iron. There is no 5 iron as the 30* loft 6 iron is midway in loft and length between the 25* 4 iron and the 35* 7 iron.

Four wedges: All brushed nickel, no paintfill; round head shape like the Mizuno MP series or Callaway wedges; D-4

50*: 35.75" length, 64.5 lie; PX 5.0 shaft; 6* bounce; Titleist 962 triple grind sole

55*: 35.5", 64.5* lie; TFR 5.0; 12* bounce; blunted leading edge; moderate camber; a little heel and trailing edge relief

60*: 35.25", 63* lie; TFR 4.5; 8* bounce; rounded leading edge; moderate camber; moderate heel, toe and trailing edge relief; lie 63*

64*: 35, 63* lie; TFR 4.5; 10* bounce; blunted leading edge; moderate camber; a little heel relief, moderate trailing edge relief

I bent the lob wedges flatter to facilitate a more shallow swing on the short shots.

All of the wedges played beautifully right out of the box; although the 60* is the most versatile, I really like the feel of the 55* (mostly full shots) and the 64* (pretty much pitches to downslopes or really tight pins). CBs look and feel great; the PX shafts are terrific. The 5* loft progression is a very workable solution to the "I've got too many irons and wedges" dilemma created by the modern set makeup.

You can find a picture of the set in my image gallery folder.

Jeff

I will be soon  :D   Ari is sending out a 58* LH prototype to me, as well as a LH blade prototype 7 iron.   8O  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  

Robbie

He took the bait - line and sinker. :D :D

I hate those pic.s above :cry:

I must not buy, must not buy, must not buy. :roll: :D

Hell ---I need a fix ;ukliam2

Tourtuned,

Let me know how the LH Scratch works for you.  I have the sick feeling that you will like them meaning I must think about retooling my bag AGAIN..... :D

No problem man, I just snagged to a couple 900 RTG wedges today from a good buddy, so I'm gonna be having a wedge demo day soon...lol

I'll keep ya posted :)

Robbie

I play scratch wedges right now, 47, 53, 58 round shape in nickel/black fill. What i really have an itch for now is the scratch proto wedges, I had a few I really should have not sold because now i think that they will be worth a good coin when world hears about scratch. What we all should keep in mind is that a 100% Handmade wedge is extremely rare and very expensive, on the average in Japan MOZ Ishihara ( same forged heads as scratch ) sells the custom ground soft forged wedges for 500+.

No two heads will look exactly the same and that is what makes these wedges an individual style thing as well as a common sense approach to custom club work. They are made in the U.S.A but forged in the heart of Japan. Get Custom, Get Scratch.

ever since i found this site i keep finding stuff i need...all that therapy..all those cups of coffee in smoke filled rooms...now i got an itch I need to scratch...crap....i've just about rationalized my self into a couple of new wedges...if only they didn't look so nice and you guys wouldn't rave so much... :D

I have a couple of Antique finish, Silver paint fill wedges with customing stamping on the way (should be here tomorrow), Gap/Sand Wedge, 52* Loft, 8* bounce, rolled leading edge, rounded toe, narrow sole and Sand/Lob Wedge, 58* Loft, 6* bounce, rolled leading edge, wide sole, moderate trailing edge and heel relief and rounded toe, if these are as good as I think they're gonna be, I may order a couple more in different lofts and finish, I like the look of the Satin Scratches in 54* and 60*.

Still waiting for mine. Ari hasn't received the shafts yet (FCM stepped).  

Ordered 54* + 58*, antique finish with silver paint fill. Ari can tell you more about the grinds then I can.  

haribo

Do they still make the FCM stepped shafts? If yes were can you get them?

Thanks and sorry for the hijacking

count me in for 2 as well. best wedges for me period. finish grind and feel are better than anything i have played * read Vokeys, 588s, 900s, RACs, Callys, Nikes MacGregors etc! :-P *

Still waiting for mine. Ari hasn't received the shafts yet (FCM stepped).  

Ordered 54* + 58*, antique finish with silver paint fill. Ari can tell you more about the grinds then I can.  

haribo

Do they still make the FCM stepped shafts? If yes were can you get them?

Thanks and sorry for the hijacking

Yes, you can still get them on special order. Problem with Scratch is they need taper tipped one's. Apparently these are only available from the Royal Precision Tour Department as Ari told me. Luckily he has access. To both our surprise we learned the reason for that is it's a much liked choice for wedges by the Pro's.

I always new it's a great shaft for wedges, particular since I play Rifle in my irons. Just thought I'm the only one who thinks like that .... surprise, surprise :D

haribo