True Country of Origin

I'm looking for new irons, and I  prefer a brand that is made in Japan. Apparently, trying to determine where a given club is manufactured (and not just assembled) seems to require a higher security clearance than I have.  Even with respect to clubs made for the JDM.  I can't find any reliable information on the interwebs, and neither has Dunlop nor Mizuno returned my email enquiries. 

I assume that most of the Japanese-branded forged clubs are made there, but I'm afraid that my skill-set has deteriorated past my ability to game forged irons.  So, for example, does anyone know how to determine the country of origin for clubs?  For example, the Srixon ZX MK 2 series and the (non-forged) Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metals, whatever market they are in? Thanks, guys.

presume anything not a   premium model  is   all  forged in china apart form a cpl of domestic brands, , or stuff made at endo  ,  in thailad  which makes absolutely  FK ALL difference.

11 hours ago, supo said:

presume anything not a   premium model  is   all  forged in china apart form a cpl of domestic brands, , or stuff made at endo  ,  in thailad  which makes absolutely  FK ALL difference.

It sounds as if you are saying that most or all non-high end forged clubs are made in China. Even clubs supposedly made to JDM specs? Do you think that most or all cast clubs, like the Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal and the Srixon ZX 4/ZX 5 are also made in China? This is very disheartening, if true.  Unfortunately, nice forged blades would be a disaster with my  current game. 

Well, the surgeon says that I have a minimum of 5 weeks before I can play golf, so at least I still have time to shop.

Thanks for the replies.  My bad that I didn't make my question clear. I know that much of the higher end, forged Japanese-branded clubs are made in Japan.  What I should have specified was that I am looking at game improvement clubs such as the Mizuno JPX 923 Hot Metal series, Srixon ZX 4 and ZX 5 Mk 2, etc.  Really, for that matter, I'd be interested in finding out where some of the big name American brands are made.

Somewhere out there is a spreadsheet...😁

• 5 weeks later...

My wild guess but probably not far off.   At this point,  close to none of the game improvement irons are made in Japan.   

The reason is simple.    "cost"   .    There is absolutely no factory in Japan who can produce iron heads cheaper than in China or Taiwan.