Red X-tremely unimpressive

ethan

I tried the Scotty Red X putter in two models today. I must say I was not impressed. The putter has a cheap feel, and the sensation at impact has a clunky, unresponsive feel. I was never a Scotty fan, but it seems he has really gone the mass produced crap route with these. I tried a Ray Cook immediately after, and was extremely impressed with it's quality and feel.

I would have to disagree immensely....I just played my first round with mine yesterday on greens that were reading 11 on the stimp meter and I thought that the feel was extremely responsive and predictable...I have owned a couple of Camerons and feel like this one has the best feel yet......

Played with the Red X for 2 weeks now and find it to be very soft and provide a true roll of the ball. I have played many other mallet types and like this one due to the soft face the GSS provides. Now, I am not saying that other mallet putters a cheaper prices are not as good. Guess it depends on your preference.

D

I tried the Scotty Red X putter in two models today. I must say I was not impressed. The putter has a cheap feel, and the sensation at impact has a clunky, unresponsive feel. I was never a Scotty fan, but it seems he has really gone the mass produced crap route with these. I tried a Ray Cook immediately after, and was extremely impressed with it's quality and feel.

I'm going to disagree as well. I rolled a few with the 35" at Golfsmith and was pretty impressed. Granted it was on an indoor green but not into a net :whistle: The putter was not dead like some inserts and seemed to have a great feel on the stroke. I was impressed and will hopefully have one in the bag soon.

I hit one today at Nevada Bob's (what he's doing in Wisconsin I have no idea) also on indoor green but not into a net :wink: ..and was rather impressed. I haven't used a Cameron since I put my Sante Fe into the closet a couple of years ago, but this was really easy to line up and appeared to put a good roll on the ball. I will say I was more impressed with the new center shafted McGregors by Bobby Grace(the 5K one). just my opinion...

I would also disagree. However, if we were talking about Rossa putters I would definately agree that the feel is horrible. I just hate their modified rubber inserts. I really like the sound and feel of the Red X. I hope Scotty does the GSS insert on a Newport/Answer style putter as I think that would be sweet. To each their own.

One thing I did notice with the Red X is in the bright desert sun it is a little hard sometimes to see the lines but that is my only real complaint. I'm going to repaint the lines black this weekend and give that a try as that may help.

I just purchased a 33", 350g model with the center shaft, X2 as it is called.

Played with it twice over the weekend and loved it.

I find it easy to align and it stays on line even though it is not face balanced.

I think it is one of the best feeling Scotty Cameron putters to date.

Very solid, yet soft.

I found that I could very easily control distance, while maintaing my alignment.

Great Putter!

My brother just bought me a 34" Red X2 today for my birthday. Man I love this putter. The feel is great and putts are easy to align. This is a keeper. :smile2:

Happy B-day man!! You have a wonderfull brother :smile2:

I love the way the putter looks, but I will have to agree that I didn't think it was as soft as I expected it to be with the GSS insert. I hit the Red X and the Davis Love and the Davis Love was softer and better feeling. I own a GSS and a couple of SSS putters which are very soft so my expectations were very high on the Red X.