358 onoff-labospec shingo 9.5* driver.

supo

yikes.........!

very late to the party here, but LABO SPEC alway gets my boat floated. and SHINGOSPEC has always been my top dawg.

So it ddint take me much to say hell yea El- Barooooooon, gimme that driver iILL take it for a russle.!

was built with a tataki 60 shaft @ 45.75 inch d2, 9.5* 3.7 torque buit for swing speed 42-48 mps.

at first im always cautious , shingos clubs always go very high,and coming off an egg & and egg1 which are 7.5* and 7* its a bit of a simlar thught pattern to going to a 3 wood!

Shingos clubs they are not that tight , eps VS the eggs, but they always perform superbly.

ive stil lgot his last masterpiece the 2010 onoff 46.5 inch monster, i play that inwinter and its kills it for carry. so mid sumemr here im a bit errrrrrrrrrm,, i like a lower flight. dont need to hang it out there...... so i reluctanly took the egg7 with diamana X alonf for insureance, im hititng this thing as good as anydriver ive ever hit and with the confidecne or .......i dunno. freddy funk, to hit some short stuff.

so i ddint wanna hit it first up, but i figuered ,why not, if i can use this i gotta try it first up on a monster of a driving hole. wellu can imagine my smile when i "got all of it " and watched this thng go thru the clouds nad land waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out there somewhere...... with a draw!.

wowsah, where ddi that come form?

ok, one down plenty to play....

par 5 3rd, gdog leg left. purposely aimed at the mountian side OB right and let her rip.

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, thats another one dead centre with anohtewr draw.

hmm ok

pull out trusty egg7 diamanaX and have a comparison. typical aim left , blaock fade it over th ebunlers back to the right edge.

advantage LABO.

huh... this IS good.

rest of the weekend was spent clobering the daylights ouuta this on open par 4s and all the par 5s.

im as additied to this driver as ANY ive ever picked up.

its not my all rounder. well not yet, and istill think i prob shud play the 70s instead. but as a matchamde i nheaven this shaft and head are as good as any ive ever hit for pure enjpyment , i think this is actually no1.

loathe to change itout for the 70s but i think its calling me.

if u cnaget ur hands on one of these. my advice is

JUMP IN HEAD FIRST, this is an absolutely unreal driver in every sense.

Edited by supo67

Nice. I like hitting a lower driver ball too, but big carry like this is nice for a change on some courses.

Until the wind blows......

yup, exactly my thouhgts, and why the prgrs have pride of place at the top of my bag, .

but when its not, i gota say this is a beauty.

might even give it a rip vs he 435 next wekend , bec this got it out there.

might be worth a test.

I was able to find one, head only. IMO, Its borderline NON conforming. :)

I installed a KK XT 60s which is a low launch/low spin shaft and this combo shoots mid trajectory missles for me.

Very Long and forgiving. Its not as soft feeling or sounding as my trusty Epon 153 but thats not to say that this is harsh in any way.

Only 358 made so it'll be a hard one to find. Might even be Unicorn status.

Good Luck!

FYI .350 bore size so a shim was needed.

Edited by Baddmnkey

I was able to find one, head only. IMO, Its borderline NON conforming. :)

I installed a KK XT 60s which is a low launch/low spin shaft and this combo shoots mid trajectory missles for me.

Very Long and forgiving. Its not as soft feeling or sounding as my trusty Epon 153 but thats not to say that this is harsh in any way.

Only 358 made so it'll be a hard one to find. Might even be Unicorn status.

Good Luck!

FYI .350 bore size so a shim was needed.

So which head do you like better , the Labospec or 153?

I played this club a lot in three shafts. It's distance is great, firm spongy feel, low spin, truly neutral and almost too workable for me it only lacked forgiveness and seemed overly sensitive left/right & right/left.

I like this club, where was everyone back in Janurary when we had a bunch.

XF5A3034-Edit.jpg

XF5A2932.jpg

XF5A3031-Edit.jpg

XF5A2912-Edit.jpg

XF5A2913-Edit.jpg

I have never hit an OnOff driver. I don't know why really, they always made good looking driver heads with high quality shafts as stock. I remember almost "impulse-buying" a Labospec 420 on looks alone once

I don't understand their sales strategy. This driver looks so mainstream in terms of shape and performance.

Why would they only make limited numbers? They could easily sell more of these.

So which head do you like better , the Labospec or 153?

Nob, I have the 2nd Gen Stinger 60s in the 153 and it fits me to a tee.

I'll let you know in about a week. Installing the Stinger 70s into it tonight and taking it out tomorrow and 36 holes on Sunday.

Sunday's round will be at TPC Deere Run where they play the PGA John Deere Classic.

Nob, I have the 2nd Gen Stinger 60s in the 153 and it fits me to a tee.

I'll let you know in about a week. Installing the Stinger 70s into it tonight and taking it out tomorrow and 36 holes on Sunday.

Sunday's round will be at TPC Deere Run where they play the PGA John Deere Classic.

TPC..... What's that like?! :) .... Drooling with envy!

Let us know how the Stinger works with the Labospec!

TPC..... What's that like?! :) .... Drooling with envy!

Let us know how the Stinger works with the Labospec!

Played there last year and its a very fun track. Only about a 2.5 hr drive from the house.

They usually have really good deals going on out there.

Not overly long and or demanding but so much fun. I can see why its a birdie fest out there every year for the PGA guys.

Excited to try the Stinger in the Onoff. Hope it works out. :)

I don't understand their sales strategy. This driver looks so mainstream in terms of shape and performance.

Why would they only make limited numbers? They could easily sell more of these.

Yeah, a bit odd. with only 358 made, can they break even considering design, making a mold etc? And how about the RB247 iron, only 50 sets made. Must have been a huge loss?

Yeah, a bit odd. with only 358 made, can they break even considering design, making a mold etc? And how about the RB247 iron, only 50 sets made. Must have been a huge loss?

RB247 has evolved over the years with different models so it's a few more than the 50.

Maybe this driver too who knows. I love Labo's limited releases outside the normal line up which is just fantastic already.

One thing I don't like about some ONOFF clubs is the need for a hosel adapter on woods.