IS ANYONE RUNNING THIS FORUM

Hutch

Is anyone even running this show, or is it being left to die a slow painful death.

I have been noticing that some nice gear and pics of gear, with some good write ups coming through on the Tourspec Insta page. ???

My question is why isn't someone simply just taking the time to transfer the already available posts over here in to the forum???? It cant be that hard???

Yep, my thoughts too.

Indeed....  This website could be so much better -- lots of great equipment coming to light but not nearly enough reviews and information.  Most of the good folk checking this website do so because they buy and enjoy the quality Japanese equipment, but most do not live in Japan and that makes it almost impossible to test anything before buying ..... and that is not normally a good plan when spending the levels of money this premium equipment costs. Often silly and simple Google translations that we see here are way short of the mark when it comes to knowing enough about the new releases. 

Edited by dickyfowler

there is a new write-up about a Miura product in the Blog section and this is interesting and helpful - more of that please.

The way I see it from a pure business point of view.

Pay someone on commission only to run the forum properly with new release pics and reviews, gear coming soon, answering questions, etc...we all know the drill. Bla bla.

That person/moderator could be paid coms on gear sold through the forum only, for drumming up and increasing sales. Have privy to gear at cost price to use, review, then sell in the forum as used demo if they wanted. Discuss adding more product from the brands available at Tourspec. Plenty to get stuck in to here. I cant remember the last time I saw a TSG clubworks finish or refurb on here.

You can write up on this and that but at the end of it all.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE NEW GEAR, STUNNING PICS, NICE BUILDS AND COMBOS...........

CUSTOMER SERVICE/GUEST EXPERIENCE.!    

:tsg_smiley_japan:    :atsg_logo_anim:

Edited by hutchy

Mr Hutchy... Lately the latest TSG content Ive seen is from Instagram.  Interesting too but mostly pix only

11 hours ago, cuistot said:

Mr Hutchy... Lately the latest TSG content Ive seen is from Instagram.  Interesting too but mostly pix only

So we do have a couple or 3 moderators at least on here it seems. However the content, new gear reviews and general management seems to be no existent.

5 hours ago, hutchy said:

So we do have a couple or 3 moderators at least on here it seems. However the content, new gear reviews and general management seems to be no existent.

+1

There's soooooo many new drivers out there (jBEAm for one), we need reviews on this forum. Come on mods, sort it out.

On 12/18/2020 at 6:34 AM, Ian-500 said:

+1

There's soooooo many new drivers out there (jBEAm for one), we need reviews on this forum. Come on mods, sort it out.

Moderators in name only it seems. Not a d**kyboo. Just check out the BST with rules being flaunted blatantly and adds not being removed.

reviews need to come from folks who have tried the clubs.   There is not a club in my bag where I have not provided some type of feedback... 

what about you guys?!!   

4 hours ago, nobmontana said:

reviews need to come from folks who have tried the clubs.   There is not a club in my bag where I have not provided some type of feedback... 

what about you guys?!!   

Mate, you do a stellar job of reviewing everything you play, this is more about someone having access to the new gear and testing. Access to pics in hand of new products, up and coming release insider info etc.

Maybe someone should sublet the forum from Chris under the TSG banner and operate as a business that would be mutually beneficial to all parties. 

Something needs to be done..!

yes there are a lot of new clubs I'm keen to look into -- and buy. I buy new gear every year but am getting reluctant to spend thousands on items that LOOK GOOD but don't actually work for me. That of course is purely my fault. I'm an impulsive buyer of quality golf equipment. But now I have a garage full of expensive Japanese golf gear.  And I cannot find any website where someone talks about and tests the new stuff - on camera.  An example is I bought the Ryoma irons a couple of years back - love Ryoma in general but was not impressed with the irons.   Now I'm interested in buying maybe the Modart or the Baldo forged irons .... but have no idea other than photos about what they might do for me.  And of course shafts are so important for all equipment and we sure need to get more feedback on all of the options out there. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to review Japanese golf club equipment on Youtube in 2021. I'm coming out with a YouTube channel for Pure Distance Golf and it would be a great part of the channel.

• 1 year later...

I am enjoying the BLOGS on this website -- we get one every pancake day!

• 2 weeks later...

Once I sell the company and have nothing to do I'll start reviewing everything and can post videos. You guys can take a look at the clubs then watch me hit 215 yard pop flies to left field😁

• 3 months later...

I have been pondering this idea for a couple of months. Due to little to no reviews of gear at least in the English language on the lesser known brands, I thought about contacting Chris and see if he wanted a reviewer for gear. It is so hard to try to find reviews on crazy-8, Baldo, etc. If it is not Muira, Mizuno, Honma finding a review or even a video is almost non-existent.

I know I am a no namer. I stalk this forum almost on a daily basis, not an active poster, but work out some kind of deal like I would put a refundable deposit down on gear to test out equipment, write a review for the site and then send the gear back to him. With the deposit, Tourspec would not be so afraid to send gear to me and hope I just don't run off with it. There would be like an insurance policy in place. And over time the deposit wouldn't exist because Tourspec could trust me on doing what I said I would do, and return thier product only slightly used. I think there is a market for these brands at least in America. People just don't really know about them. I know when I talk to other golf enthusiast all I hear is Callaway, TaylorMade, Mizuno, etc. Nobody knows about JDM names. They think when I talk about JDM gear I am either lying or they are brands you can find on Amazon or make it up. I am a firm believer in word of mouth.

It is very hard for me to justify spending thousands of dollars on products and hope I like them. To say well I spent blank dollars on it, guess I better like it no matter what. 

I work on a golf course and play golf 3-4 days a week I think I could really put out a lot of good written reviews with a week of using a product. If the clubs had the interchangeable shaft system they use for fittings. I could try out many different types of shaft in no time. 

Just my two cents on hoping something comes up in general. I want to see more reviews on product so Tourspec can take my hard earned money, and I know when I do get something I know I got what I was hoping to get instead of something that just doesn't fit me but have to use it because I spent so much money on it. 

Give Chris your proposal man....If he likes it we will see you first review soon enough 😅.... This is what TSG did and were very successful at it, but have now moved away from the core value of why this site/business was formed.....To bring JDM product to the masses.... I would say you are correct, there is a huge untapped market still today..... TSG has opened up the box then walled away from it. Leaving a huge gap in the market for someone to exploit all that initial hard work!