What Happens To Unsold Golf Gear?

Elven

What happens to unsold golf gear? I'm guessing it depends on if the brand themselves are trying to sell it direct to customers, or if it's being sold by a shop such as TSG.

If it goes unsold for a long time, do the employees get to choose what they want? Does the CEO of the brand or owner of the shop keep it? Is it given away to friends or business partners? Is it sold off in bulk? Is it recycled/thrown away? Surely it would be better to give it to someone who could use it, instead of throwing it away.

I'm told there's an equipment heaven ..... 

There's people out there that can't afford jack sh*t, so it's very sad if the unsold stuff DOES get thrown, but no different from any other commodity I guess. needs to change.

That’s exactly right Ian. Covid has shown us that if you don’t meet the market on product availability you get inflation. So it’s actually more affordable for your average punter that the market over produces product. If it’s gets slung/re-cycled so be it. I would rather pay less at the front door.

It's sad that companies prefer to throw stock away rather than give it away, at least to charity. Again this goes for most businesses, especially restaurants. The left over food should be given to the homeless and/or most needy.