Gauge Design Japan MB2's **IMAGES**

TourSpecGolfer

The new MB2 by Gauge Japan is not a blade, first off it has a cavity on its back and second its the most forgiving players cavity I have ever hit. I wasn't expecting my NC-1s to be in jeopardy but they now are. Both the NC-1 and MB2 have the same shape but the MB2's top line is 1mm thinner which makes for the perfect combo set. But I'm starting to think I don't need to combo them because the long irons are dumb easy to hit. These are forged and made entirely in Japan and the quality is apparent. I havent had much course time with my MB2's yet but I have had several days of testing them at the grass range against the NC-1's. Its a toss up. The MB2's setup slightly more player with the exact same shape yet maintains all the goodies that I loved so much about my NC's. What I really wish is that more people had the chance to try the last 3 models of Irons by Gauge Japan. 95% of the people who try them with their favorite shaft swear by them and will stick with GD from then on out. I cant think of a better Iron that has ever been available not even the MR-23's or the Miura forged TM 300's are in the same league. This is just my opinion but if you ask the knowledgeable folks here like Aluinser, Taipanli, Plus1, Dcc14, and Jack0428 they will tell you the praise that GD Japan irons deserve. I know I sound like a broken record but its my Honest and whole hearted opinion. Big Time Kudo's to GD

MB21.jpg

MB25.jpg

MB26.jpg

MB27.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies & gents, boy & girls: what Chris states about GD irons is totally spot on & then some. :cool:

This is a guy who has the opportunity to demo the finest golf products in the world & when he recommends something & passes on advice, I sure as hell listen. :surprize:

It's awesome that Chris plays the sticks that work best for his game & provides tsg'ers with sound, specific, unbiased reviews of all the clubs he gets his hands on. The GD's really are the truth & I've been fortunate enough to play Miura's, 23cb's, Naks, TM Forged, etc. Honestly, nothing I've swung is within 3 notches of the GD irons in terms of overall performance & feel. :love: (they are so soft it's virtually indescribable)

Do yourself a favor & give the GAS1 Forged wedges a try as well & I guarantee they will be in the bag straight away. If anyone has any questions in terms of how GD irons play I will be more than happy to pass along any info pertaining to my personal experience. (my nc-1's are shafted with 1150 tours / s flex sofstepped & they are killer) :wink:

its all been said now....... :mad: but its all true :cool: ! im in the process of testing the mb2s, the nc1s and the handmades all together! so il give my honest opinion on them when i have 100% made my mind up!

these irons truely are awesome looking and the pics prob dont do any justice!...sorry chris..not tryin to dis your camera skills :laugh:

but on a serious note, if you are serious about your game and your equipment....then get yourself a set of either these or the nc1s!! :cool:

Chris, Plus 1, dcc14, you guys are killing me. The ink hasn't even dried on my order of custom Mizunos and now I'm looking at these sweet sticks. I love the look of the of the cb's but had honestly thought of trying the nc-1's before I ordered the Mizs. I would love any insight into the differnces especially for someone who has played mp33's withd dg300 shafts (both off the shelf, bent 1 degree up) for years. I may not know much, but I think I've learned to listen when the right people are talking.

Thanks, keep up the strong work. :cool:

Forgot to mention that if anyone is interested in the GD offerings don't sit there twiddling your thumbs (contact Chris asap), jump on these beauties before they are no longer. :wah: If there are any available that is. :surprize: I've offered out my MB2's for a pretty sick price & now I'm more than glad no one bit :cool: as I will be shafting them with 1150 tours so they can go head to head with my NC-1's. (or maybe that combo is in my future) :love:

The new MB2 by Gauge Japan is not a blade, first off it has a cavity on its back and second its the most forgiving players cavity I have ever hit. I wasn't expecting my NC-1s to be in jeopardy but they now are. Both the NC-1 and MB2 have the same shape but the MB2's top line is 1mm thinner which makes for the perfect combo set. But I'm starting to think I don't need to combo them because the long irons are dumb easy to hit. These are forged and made entirely in Japan and the quality is apparent. I havent had much course time with my MB2's yet but I have had several days of testing them at the grass range against the NC-1's. Its a toss up. The MB2's setup slightly more player with the exact same shape yet maintains all the goodies that I loved so much about my NC's. What I really wish is that more people had the chance to try the last 3 models of Irons by Gauge Japan. 95% of the people who try them with their favorite shaft swear by them and will stick with GD from then on out. I cant think of a better Iron that has ever been available not even the MR-23's or the Miura forged TM 300's are in the same league. This is just my opinion but if you ask the knowledgeable folks here like Aluinser, Taipanli, Plus1, Dcc14, and Jack0428 they will tell you the praise that GD Japan irons deserve. I know I sound like a broken record but its my Honest and whole hearted opinion. Big Time Kudo's to GD

MB21.jpg

MB25.jpg

MB26.jpg

MB27.jpg

Chris, I know your playing the "combo" set at the moment.

My assumtions are the lofts and lies are the same for both the NC1s and the MB2?

Got a mate of mine who plays off 4 and uses Callys. He has already confessed how disappointed he is whith their short irons. Guess I'd better give him the web address.

Funny thing about addicts, they tend to stick together :laugh: :laugh:

Keep up the good work mate!

MB21.jpg

MB25.jpg

MB26.jpg

MB27.jpg

Chris, I know your playing the "combo" set at the moment.

My assumtions are the lofts and lies are the same for both the NC1s and the MB2?

Got a mate of mine who plays off 4 and uses Callys. He has already confessed how disappointed he is whith their short irons. Guess I'd better give him the web address.

Funny thing about addicts, they tend to stick together :laugh: :laugh:

Keep up the good work mate!

PA,

Pick these up for yourself! :cool: It's nice to look after your mate & all, but when it comes to GD irons (& their limited availability) my thinking is every man for himself! :wink:

DCC very true....we learned the hard way...there was a gd drought going on for a while....no irons were being produced!...thats why i stocked up :surprize: :surprize: 3 sets lol!

PS xraes dont worry about your mizzy they will be absolutely awesome! nothing can take away from the fact that your mizzy set will be real performers and even better lookers! its in a hoes nature to want what they dont have! lol......enjoy the mizzys, and when it comes to the point where you no longer enjoy them...then its GAUGE time!

May kick the NC-1s out of the bag??????? Damn...I better go put some shafts on those babies right away!! I thought NC-1 with NSPro Tour 1150 is the ultimate set.....but maybe it is the MB-2 with 1150. Hell.....before these came along I thought the best were GD 2005MBs with 1050....I have had the privelege of owning the MR23 US Blade and X-Blade 2 before with the M266V shafts...but as Chris said....no match for the GDs.

MB2

GAS2 52/58*

Neo Blade.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

f_1427452.jpg

awesome dude! i have the mb2s....and have the gas sqbts coming!

still of two minds whether to get the neo blade or the crafting one!!!!!

Aluinser.....get them shafted asap....these babies rock the show! :laugh:

MB2

GAS2 52/58*

Neo Blade.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

f_1427452.jpg

:cool: :cool: Well you have my vote for bag of the month. How are those Moz weges treating you?

Moz are sweet... but i guess it is time to move on.....

have both SQBT and GAS2 waiting to be tried, which will stay in the bag will be tested this weekend to be decided.

Ho...ho... ho....

quote="Phillip Alexander"]

MB2

GAS2 52/58*

Neo Blade.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

f_1427452.jpg

:cool: :cool: Well you have my vote for bag of the month. How are those Moz weges treating you?

have both SQBT and GAS2 waiting to be tried' date=' which will stay in the bag will be tested this weekend to be decided.

Ho...ho... ho....

quote']

o yes.... i have the sqbts coming and cant wait! your bag and mine are starting to look very similar! :surprize: keep it up jack!

have both SQBT and GAS2 waiting to be tried' date=' which will stay in the bag will be tested this weekend to be decided.

Ho...ho... ho....

quote']

o yes.... i have the sqbts coming and cant wait! your bag and mine are starting to look very similar! :surprize: keep it up jack!

Plus 1, gotta ask, have you had a chance to try the MB2s. As always I value your feedback!! :cool: :cool:

PS I've got my hands on an NS Pro 1150 S to try. The feel of these is completely different to the rifles. More on that soon.

MB21.jpg

MB25.jpg

MB26.jpg

MB27.jpg

One word, SICK!!!!! I hate to ask, but Chris, how much?.....

Thanks,

Sixx

review will be coming soon phil, i just cant make up my mind which to use! nippon 1150s are great, ive noticed a definate yardage increase since the swop over from px

Plus 1, just been out in the park hitting a few. The 1150 really kicks. Gotta say the rifles now seem a bit boardy. This hasn't really worried me in the past. Just hit em hard. The problem is with the rifle shafts around the green. You can't hit a chip hard.

Mate, I get the feeling it would be easier to shape the Nippon. The rifles do go very straight, however they are very difficult to shape.

Just initial thoughts :cool:

review will be coming soon phil, i just cant make up my mind which to use! nippon 1150s are great, ive noticed a definate yardage increase since the swop over from px

Plus 1, just been out in the park hitting a few. The 1150 really kicks. Gotta say the rifles now seem a bit boardy. This hasn't really worried me in the past. Just hit em hard. The problem is with the rifle shafts around the green. You can't hit a chip hard.

Mate, I get the feeling it would be easier to shape the Nippon. The rifles do go very straight, however they are very difficult to shape.

PA,

Think your initial findings are spot on! :cool: I was a px/rifle guy & the 1150's offer so much more for my game. Like you stated, working the ball is much less difficult now, while the overall feel & feedback the 1150's provide is unmatched imo. As +1 stated, I have picked up extra yards as well. Killer shafts for sure! :love:

PA,

Think your initial findings are spot on! :cool: I was a px/rifle guy & the 1150's offer so much more for my game. Like you stated, working the ball is much less difficult now, while the overall feel & feedback the 1150's provide is unmatched imo. As +1 stated, I have picked up extra yards as well. Killer shafts for sure! :love:

definate nippons best shaft to date, as they have produced a sensational feeling shaft with great lightweight characteristics! the mb2s / nippon 1150 combo are the ho's GOLDEN TICKET!