Introducing the Gauge Japan Forged Terra!

TourSpecGolfer

As good as "the balde", as good as "the one" this is one mean mallet with a sleek attitude about it. Very soft feel at impact due to forged carbon steel 100% CNC milled with a beauty of a dark silver finish and chrome sole. 3RTNC milling marks on a large polished Aluminum face insert. They are 345-350 gram heads connected to 130g NS Pro putter shafts and a black type A grip for a nice head heavy sensation.

Tera.jpg

tera3.jpg

tera1.jpg

tera4.jpg

tera2.jpg

tera5.jpg

tera6.jpg

Fella's, thanks to our kick ass TSG contest, the ORACLE (Chris) has blessed me with a choice.

When I found I had been chosen to receive the exhaulted Gauge Design putter, he asked me if I would like to partake of the 3 choices provided.

Of "The Balde", "The ONE', and "The TERA" I chose the mallet version "TERA".

I am waiting with anticipation to receive it, I selected this model based solely on Chris's advice.

Again, thank you Chris!

Edited by DoubleAA

That's one of the best looking mallet putters I've ever seen. I think that the 2 sight lines would be much better than one. It allows your minds eye to draw a thicker line. Kinda like the sensation of the 2 ball. I think that the wider sight lines help you see where you want to roll the ball a lot better.

Can you get this putter in a 35" length?

I'm considering picking up a Gauge mallet, but I can't decide between the Tubu and the Terra.

Can someone explain the differences? I like the black finish of the Tubu, but I can't seem to find a photo of it at address. Are they weighted similarly? Does the Tubu have the 3RNTC milling? Finally, what is the cost difference between the two?

Help me spend some money!

I'm considering picking up a Gauge mallet, but I can't decide between the Tubu and the Terra.

Can someone explain the differences? I like the black finish of the Tubu, but I can't seem to find a photo of it at address. Are they weighted similarly? Does the Tubu have the 3RNTC milling? Finally, what is the cost difference between the two?

Help me spend some money!

The Tubu is a thicker putter, it does have 3RTNC but not the same as the Terra. The Terra actually feels quite a bit softer than the tubu and both weigh the same. Overall the Terra will setup easier on the eye IMO.

You gotta love it !! well I do, it gives me the Red X look with the great Gauge milling on the face, with the gauge feel and craftmanship. I will definately try this one out. Nice!!!!!

man that's a sweet looking putter. I always like the red x and the rossie. this looks like another one I'm going to have to add...

Center Shaft Now Available! Drop me a PM if interested ASAP there isnt many in stock.

Sorry no pics but they are in and ready to ship with 350g head weights.

No plumbers neck for the terra but G-Field will have one called the Code 4. :tsg_smiley_yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Boys it has been a very exciting week warming up to the new TERA.

I have been fortunate enought to get some time on the course to perfect my putting with the new stick and it has been a very enlightening experiance, I was kicking myself somewhat for not playing a mallet until now.

The is putter is very smooth, easy to setup, and buttery in feel. I have found flaws in my current address when setting up to the blade putters which made me rework my stance, grip, and overall approach. I have a new routine to fit the mallet and it has flat produced. I spent a good 4 hours working on my shortgame last week when the weather was nice and it did some good.

Cannot wait to play my first round this year, the cold weather really has me in a grumpy mood but I have plenty of time to practice.

Thanks again for the TERA Chris, I will get some photo's of my bag soon, that new head cover works nicely with the new Mizuno Staff bag.

Edited by DoubleAA

ok, guys, here goes. Just took the Tera out today for the first time (winter conditions, poor bumpy greens). This is the best putter I've ever used. The extra weight in the head and shaft means that as long as you keep your stroke smooth it swings itself. Also, the two sight lines make a perfect guide to direction. But the best thing of all is the feel out of this putter. I can't really explain it. I already have a The ONE, which feels great when hit out of the middle, however, this putter feels like the middle all over the face. This one will be in the bag for a long time, I'm convinced of that.... WOW... :tsg_smiley_yes: