If you could design a perfect putter...

Lance99

what would it be like? Any combination, feature, color, material, etc. I personally would love to have a GD One with two tungsten inserts to give it some more heft; and instead of a plumbers neck have a slant neck. I already love the color and the face and shape and material. Maybe just a tad shorter by 1/2 an inch. If Chris could make that happen I would be in heaven. :tsg_smilie_cool:

Everyone please chime in, it's great to see what others' perception of perfection is.

The perfect putter for me is a JAT base with a mechanical neck. I would put Tungsten ingots (2) heel and toe for some extra head weight. I really like the titanium look of the A1SP, so I would go with that finish. Paintfill would be in red and black and there would have to be 2 sight lines on the flange separated the width of a golf ball. I would also like to have one of the Nippon putter shafts topped off with a black Iomic grip with red lettering. That is my masterpiece in a nutshell. Oh, I almost forgot, I would want the Gauge Japan guys doing the handiwork tuned out by Gold's Factory. PERFECT!!

Cameron 009 with a slant neck, tungsten toe weight placed in the sole,sight dot on the topline & in the original gun blue finish. A :atsg_smilie_circleL: on the weight for the icing on the cake.

Edited by the1stunner

the perfect putter would either be a 3x black or stock scotty cameron tei3 finish with a tei3 insert no sight line the exact looking head of the tei3 because that was a really good looking putter. With the performance of and accuacy of a yes putter, not the feel because it is too soft. with white color fill on the letters and any other custom feature that you want. also with a plumber neck. that would be my dream putter.

PS. i would pay the kind of cash that you would pay for a tour putter if my dream putter ever came out. :tsg_smilie_money3:

Edited by Stanford

the perfect putter would either be a 3x black or stock scotty cameron tei3 finish with a tei3 insert no sight line the exact looking head of the tei3 because that was a really good looking putter. With the performance of and accuacy of a yes putter, not the feel because it is too soft. with white color fill on the letters and any other custom feature that you want. also with a plumber neck. that would be my dream putter.

PS. i would pay the kind of cash that you would pay for a tour putter if my dream putter ever came out. :tsg_smilie_money3:

Uh.. so you want a tei3 with white paint fill? I'll get you one for $2,000 easy. :tsg_smilie_cool:

teryllium_newport_97_lg.jpg

This is pretty much my dream putter:

Scotty Cameron GSS Newport 2 TOUR, with "Beach" sound slot

ProPlatinum Mist Finish (very light coating)

33.5", 340g, 303 GSS steel

Single flangeline (sightline)

Circle T stamp (next to "Titleist" stamp), on back

Cherry Tour Dot, next to "Tour Cameron" lettering, on face (heel side)

Scotty Dog pooping, on face (toe side)

Circle T stamp, "Newport II", "Tour 340g" on sole.

Custom Blue Studio Design grip

Dancing Snowflakes headcover/pivot tool

I would imagine this putter would be similar to these, from the Scotty Cameron Registry:

www.scottycameron.com/authentication/registry.asp

(enter the number in the field labeled " Enter your registry number below to verify authentication:", then click "SUBMIT")

A000661

C000047

A003502

A000624

A003934

Or in 3x finish:

A001341

Mine is being made as we speak. It is a SCRATCH "Heavy Putter" weighted Copper prototype. Specs are:

35.25"

480g head

250g counterbalance weight

Milled Copper Mallet head

3* loft

69* lie

No sightlines

No offset

Mid Hosel posistion

ARI stamped on toe of face

Scratch S logo on heel of face

SCRATCH handstamped in back cavity

Blank sole

Here is a pic during production

post-12-1143829788_thumb.jpg

Mine is being made as we speak. It is a SCRATCH "Heavy Putter" weighted Copper prototype. Specs are:

35.25"

480g head

250g counterbalance weight

Milled Copper Mallet head

3* loft

69* lie

No sightlines

No offset

Mid Hosel posistion

ARI stamped on toe of face

Scratch S logo on heel of face

SCRATCH handstamped in back cavity

Blank sole

Here is a pic during production

I don't recall ever seeing such a substantial copper putter before. It looks outstanding.

Purely from a design standpoint I'd start with the Mitchell Machine Art Putter FB Blade... essentially an Anser style, face balanced with a rounded sole and a 1 inch wide, 3/8" thick brass insert screw-mounted into the steel face and top line. I'd redo the steel in 3x black, change all lettering to a dull gold to match the insert and convert the black sightline to 1/2 gold where it goes over the black topline.

350g GSS Santa Fe with a welded neck. Finished in 3X Oil Can, all writing in white, large yellow dot on face, smooth sole, 220g True Temper putter shaft, and a black out pingman grip. It would also just have floating "CAMERON" in the rear cavity, and 350g in white letters on the toe. No titleist or tour marking anywhere.

EDIT: I am in the process of building a putter that will be the closet I can come to this with my current budget, pics will be up shortly!!

Edited by DUBBED

:tsg_smilie_cool: Holy Moley, what a great subject.

I think Ari could make a killing on this one.

My ideal would be

C-Thru golf grip with the annual golf tour logo

220 gram true temper shaft

centre shaft head in classic TP Mills black

Gold face insert milled by Bettinardi

"Phil" in gold lettering on the toe of the face. No other stampings.

If I knew how to do it, I would place a sketch on the site.

Far fetched of course. But hey this is not the only entry in that department!!

Ari that putter is amazing! I don't think I seen a chunk of copper that nicely shaped. Anxious to see the finished product.

As for my own personal model I'm still working on that; basic shape much like a TriHot 1/Tubu/Callaway Tour Blue 3; 350-360gm head; no insert; milling marks like the Gauge putters have; and I'm wondering what a couple of sound slots would do, or a long slit like the floating face thing; 2 sightlines because I need serious help with alignment;

still working on the rest of the design but that's the beginnings.

Ari that putter is amazing! I don't think I seen a chunk of copper that nicely shaped. Anxious to see the finished product.

As for my own personal model I'm still working on that; basic shape much like a TriHot 1/Tubu/Callaway Tour Blue 3; 350-360gm head; no insert; milling marks like the Gauge putters have; and I'm wondering what a couple of sound slots would do, or a long slit like the floating face thing; 2 sightlines because I need serious help with alignment;

still working on the rest of the design but that's the beginnings.

+

Dear Father,

I propose a putter partnership. Your 'sound slots' idea is perfect and I have just the sounds for them. We can make a mallet and a blade and name them the "Te Absolvo" and the "Mea Culpa" because after you hit a putt that's what they'll 'say'. The Te Absolvo (You are Forgiven) can honestly be marketed as the world's most forgiving putter. And what golfer wouldn't want a Mea Culpa putter sadly intoning "My Fault" to his foursome when he misses a 3 footer. We can sell 'em for $89.99, batteries included.

If you have some pull with the Pope he can give the putters his Impramatur. Once HE sanctions them we'll be rich!!! Well I'll be rich, since you've taken a vow of poverty. We can make them all black with a white collar and a second run of purple ones for Lent. Let me know soon - Lucifer's on the other line.

The Shape, Feel, and Roll of the Balde or Premium Zone #1 or the soon to be Pro Div Forged L!.

24FL2.jpg

A graceful, forward sweeping hozel bringing an aggressive, deadly serious face into play. OUTSTANDIND.

I can't take the temptations this site inflicts on my senses.

Mallet or blade? MORE PICTURES!!! Is it for sale? Some specs urgently needed. Does it have a name??? I think my bag's putter well wants to make it's acquaintence.

Please e-mail me a price.

The PRO DIV Forged L cost a pretty penny @ 599.00 Shipped. There are only 10 and they are marked 1/10, 2/10, 3/10 and so on. I've got #1 saved for me and Taipanli has 5/10. If anyone else is interested in the first Pro Div G-Field putter please let me know ASAP for they will be ready to ship in about a week.

• 3 months later...