TourStage X-Drive Weight Screws

bartolomeo1

Just an FYI guys, all heads we have purchased direct from Tourstage are a 205g head weight. The fakes, trash bin, and black market X-Drive 460 heads on ebay are all coming in at 194-198ish. There should be no glue in the head if its brand new. It also shouldn't rattle.

Weighed mine and it was 204g. Only reason it rattled are b/c the screws became loose. Very awesome head.

Bart

Without taking the shaft out to weight it, how can you tell the black market X-Drives from the real thing. I bought mine from someone in Hawaii, it looks real (w/ no rattles) stock Tourstage XD-60 shaft, grip, etc....

Without taking the shaft out to weight it, how can you tell the black market X-Drives from the real thing. I bought mine from someone in Hawaii, it looks real (w/ no rattles) stock Tourstage XD-60 shaft, grip, etc....

Hawaii is usually legit, as they have a good connection to Tourstage over there.

204g is legit head weight with screws.

I have seen several 193 gram heads that are 100% identical to retail. So in my mind that tells me someone is pinching the trash bin.

Hawaii is usually legit, as they have a good connection to Tourstage over there.

204g is legit head weight with screws.

I have seen several 193 gram heads that are 100% identical to retail. So in my mind that tells me someone is pinching the trash bin.

Here are some pictures of my X-Drive 460 9.5 with the Ozik Xcon 6 stiff. It is currently in testing to see if it will replace my tour isuue TM. All, I have to say is so far, so good. I am still trying to adjust to the face height, as it is a deep-faced driver. I full review will follow soon, once I put a few rounds/driving range sessions under its belt.

post-9628-1174265509.jpg

post-9628-1174265597.jpg

post-9628-1174265637.jpg

post-9628-1174265731.jpg

post-9628-1174265790.jpg

Sorry for the giga-sized pictures.

No, I did not touch the club at all, it is as orginal as it gets. The picture was with a Macro-zoom, so it shows a lot more details. If you look at it directly, you will not see the swirls.

Second, I play a sandy course, which leaves some "nice" marks on my clubs.

Did you change the bottom for a more satin finish?

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the inevitable happened to me today with my X-Drive 460. One of the screws came loose, and start rattling after a one hour session at the range, where I was hitting mostly wedges and irons. I may have hit 15-20 drives and then I started hearing the noise.

This is not good. I hope this is not a serious issue, but it seems like it could be one.

I have a X-Drive 460 w/ XCON shaft. I heard a rattle the other day and wondered what was casuing the noise. It turns out the two screws in the head are removable. After taking both out and weighing them, they come in about .75g/each. Are there other weights you can add to this head like TM, Adams, etc? Has anybody seen the wrench to tighten these screws?

BTW, this is one hell of a combo for a driver :tsg_smiley_pope:

Bart

TS006.jpg

TS007.jpg

TS008.jpg

TS014.jpg

TS015.jpg

TS003.jpg

w003.jpg

test025.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have owned 4 TS X-Drive 460 heads. Two had serial #'s and 2 didnt. The ones without serial had the screws come loose where the ones with serial, no issues.

Wonder what the correlation is between the two if any? I sent all 4 heads to my friend who works for Bridgestone/TourStage and he verified they were legit TS heads. Probably no big deal just thought it was kind of funny. Also, all 4 came from reputable sources.

Bart

The screw came loose or out was most likely due to the vibration from impact and the coarse thread pattern. If you don't want to use a drop of superglue, try blue loctite (or even purple loctite), which has moderate strenght so the screw can be removed without heat.

I used Gorilla Glue and it does the job perfect. Thanks for the tips though.

Bart