EPON's Prototype T72 Neo Anser Putter w/PICS!

TourSpecGolfer

Its a new twist on the popular anser design putter. They captured a high MOI with its heavy forged wing weighting, fairly retro and new age and as it may not capture everyone's eye I still give them a world of credit for not doing the same ol approach most other brands are using.

I have had it in the bag for a couple of rounds and lots of practice sessions, its a performer for sure quite impressive IMO as it helps me take the putter back with ease. Its a gem for my 6ft and 15ft putts 3" back 3" through and 5" back and 5" through straight with a nice roll.

This is a prototype with no sole stamping and I am still not sure what they plan on doing with the face. Some have a ceramic insert, others a TPU on one with none. I must say the finish and build on these are flawless, pure quality of manufacturing at its greatest.

None of these are for sale, simply R&D so don't ask pleeease!

082.jpg

085.jpg

086.jpg

wow, that's wild. you can almost fix divots with that thing. looks like something from star trek.

looking forward to something like a redx5

:tsg_smilie_laugh::atsg_smilie_roll::tsg_smilie_laugh:

Must say it looks pretty futuristic - I'm a bit too conservative for this design, but actually when looking at it, I kind of like what I see......interesting design :tsg_smilie_laugh:

Perhaps the designer from G Field have had something to do with this design - or am I way off here ?

Maybe they'll make an Anser 4/BB8 design with some fancy stamps and inserts ?

Edited by Claus

What an anticlimax , is the face ugly as well hence no photo!! very brave by fav company but not for me, are there more aliens arriving??

What an anticlimax , is the face ugly as well hence no photo!! very brave by fav company but not for me, are there more aliens arriving??

I haven't post pic's of the face because Epon has not decided on the material used. IMO its a good start, the design is based on performance, I understand the style is not for everyone but atleast they are thinking outside of the norm and have originality in their product line.

Are those "tungsten" weights in the corners? Sure the manufacturing standards are amazing, but I must say too that I am a traditionalist when it comes to putters. For sure, it is very pretty to look at. May be there could be a true Anser style in Epon's future. Let's all hope.

Edited by slices

Personally, I don't mind the shape at all. I'm sure it'll help with alignment and the heavy wing weights should increase the MOI. I wish they didn't put that plastic badge in the cavity though.

Bat

Is it just me, or does it look like a cheap club you would find at Wal Mart? When I first read "Epon Prototype Putter" I thought "There goes another paycheck!" But I think this is the first club from Epon that I haven't been crazy about. I would expect their putter to have more of a classic design than that. I hope this putter stays just a prototype.

And It only 100 pcs but not stamped. EPON putter are most highest MOI. For every golfer can use.

post-10629-1191686074.jpg

post-10629-1191686090.jpg

post-10629-1191686108.jpg

post-10629-1191686134.jpg

Yes I was told the Neo Mallet has the highest MOI in the industry of any putter, When I play with it I can drill putts with one hand as it forces you to take i back and through on a nice stable arc. Nice post and since the cat is out the bag early I will post my pics here also:

071.jpg

073_001.jpg

074_001.jpg

Not appealing at all.....

Edited by ajaykkr

I think I'll stick to my Bettinardi BB8 DASS models :tsg_smiley_secret: :tsg_smiley_secret:

However my father could use as much MOI in the world as possible :tsg_smiley_japan:

I like the headcover a lot...

Does Epon sell the headcover only?

Lung-chia

Sorry I had too much Italian Amaron red wine tonight - where exactly do you see a head cover in the pics :tsg_smiley_crazy::tsg_smiley_secret:

TL3 EPON PUTTER make more confidend. Putter head is not sway or move when stoke. I really like it. Good feel and good sounds more that SUS303 :tsg_smiley_secret:

I really think the T72 could be what I've been searching for for a long time. I know many think it looks cheap or harsh on the eye, but to me its absolutely fantastic. In fact I think it helps the eye to focus directly in the middle of the club to the exact middle of the ball. If these ever come to retail or if I have an opportunity to get me hands on a proto, I'd put this into play in a heartbeat. With all the design technology available at Epon not to mention the quality they put into their products, how could this not be an absolute winner?

I really think the T72 could be what I've been searching for for a long time. I know many think it looks cheap or harsh on the eye, but to me its absolutely fantastic. In fact I think it helps the eye to focus directly in the middle of the club to the exact middle of the ball. If these ever come to retail or if I have an opportunity to get me hands on a proto, I'd put this into play in a heartbeat. With all the design technology available at Epon not to mention the quality they put into their products, how could this not be an absolute winner?

dude be careful what you wish for as you could find a one sitting in your doorstep for testing lol. anyway thats what i was thinking, the shape is certainly radical and for some may be a bit too much but epon has extensive technologies and testing facilities to come up with a putter. when they do which they have apparently done so makes me think that this putter will be loaded with epon know how. i know id certainly want to get my hands on one too.

dude be careful what you wish for as you could find a one sitting in your doorstep for testing lol. anyway thats what i was thinking, the shape is certainly radical and for some may be a bit too much but epon has extensive technologies and testing facilities to come up with a putter. when they do which they have apparently done so makes me think that this putter will be loaded with epon know how. i know id certainly want to get my hands on one too.

Sitting at my doorstep?? Jees, I only wish!

Have you been reading my thoughts??

Sitting at my doorstep?? Jees, I only wish!

Have you been reading my thoughts??

Maybe Chris has :atsg_smilie_roll:

I think that both putters look interesting and different. One thing that interests me is that Epon are using those sticky plasticky things on which to place their brand and product name. This is something they did with the old Technity irons and have moved away from with the AF series. I think that stamping and paintfill are a much classier way to present product and hope that Epon don't stay with plastic.