TSG JDM Forged Players CavityBack-test 2008 !

ClubHoUno

I wonder if it would be possible to conduct such a dream test ?

I know we had one test last year with - I think - Taylor Made R7 Forged, Srixon ZR-600, Epon Type J and if I remember correct Mizuno Mp-60 Custom Japan...

I may be mixing two different TSG tests up....sorry if I do so....

A test with contenders like these would be a dream test come through:

1. Epon AF-301

2. Tourstage X-Blade CB 2008

3. Taylor Made Forged TP 2008

4. Fourteen TC1000

5. Srixon ZR-700

6. Gold's Factory CB

7. Mizuno Mp-57 Custom Japan

8. ONOFF Irons Plus 2007

9. PRGR iS3 Forged 500 BL

10. Royal Collection CV Blade

11. Miura Cb-1006

12. Yururi CNC Gekko

13. A worthy US model - could be either Callaway X-Forged/Miura Cb-202/Srixon I-701 Tour

14. A total outsider, sort of a placebo - yet still a players cast CB. Could be either Cobra Carbon CB/Taylor Made R7 Tp/Ping i10

I know this would be the most comprehensive and expensive test ever done on TSG, but WOW this would be a dream test come through for a lot of guys in here at TSG :atsg_smilie_roll:

With pics showing offset, sole, cavity design, top line and face progression, this test could be used as a way of promoting and selling just the type of forged JDM players cavity back set, a potential buyer of JDM irons is looking for :excl:

Edited by Claus

don't forget to throw in a Miura club and a good USDM club like the XForged for reference.

Boy, you guys are not asking too much aren't you. By the time this proposed test is finished, the 2009 models should be ready. :atsg_smilie_roll:

don't forget to throw in a Miura club and a good USDM club like the XForged for reference.

I'm a HUGE Miura fan, but Miura haven't come out with a JDM players CB club since CB-1006 from 2006, so I thought the ONOFF 247 Miura forged would cover it, because the design of the ONOFF 247 reminds me a whole lot of the CB-202 and CB-1006 - a clean looking classic forged split cavity back club forged by Miura.

Boy, you guys are not asking too much aren't you. By the time this proposed test is finished, the 2009 models should be ready. :excl:

I know...I know....I'm allowed to dream and this would be MY dream test come through. I know this test will not only cost several $$$ (YEN's) but also be very very time consuming, but as I say, I'm a NAIVE dreamer :atsg_smilie_roll:

I wonder if it would be possible to conduct such a dream test ?

I know we had one test last year with - I think - Taylor Made R7 Forged, Srixon ZR-600, Epon Type J and if I remember correct Mizuno Mp-60 Custom Japan...

I may be mixing two different TSG tests up....sorry if I do so....

A test with contenders like these would be a dream test come through:

1. Epon AF-301

2. Tourstage X-Blade CB 2008

3. Taylor Made Forged TP 2008

4. Fourteen TC1000

5. Srixon ZR-700

6. Gold's Factory CB

7. Mizuno Mp-57 Custom Japan

8. ONOFF CB 247 Miura forged

9. PRGR iS3 Forged 500 BL

10. Royal Collection CV Blade

I know this would be the most comprehensive and expensive test ever done on TSG, but WOW this would be a dream test come through for a lot of guys in here at TSG :excl:

With pics showing offset, sole, cavity design, top line and face progression, this test could be used as a way of promoting and selling just the type of forged JDM players cavity back set, a potential buyer of JDM irons is looking for :atsg_logo_anim:

So many variables enter into this, I'm willing to get these clubs together and even build them to testing spec's. Who is willing to be a tester? A good time for me would be early May 2008 when the next batch of releases come out. If we do only the listed clubs above soon, by the time they are all in hand and ready to go, sneak peaks of whats coming next year will be on the horizon. :atsg_smilie_roll: . What we need to do is set this test for a period where all new releases are out and there is some downtime after, perhaps May - June. I'm thinking Las Vegas or L.A would be a great place to set this up.

I think I can get idrive, blader-X, acrazygolfer and a few others in the L.A - Vegas area's to participate. Ill put up the clubs and club making I just need guys to organize and take care of getting their swings to the location. Doesn't have to be only TSG'ers, WRX'ers & BSG'ers etc.. all welcome to participate.

If its just me putting this together with limited participation im not interested. Gonna need some serious helpers. We should do Drivers and wedges while we at it to.

Count me in.

So many variables enter into this, I'm willing to get these clubs together and even build them to testing spec's. Who is willing to be a tester? A good time for me would be early May 2008 when the next batch of releases come out. If we do only the listed clubs above soon, by the time they are all in hand and ready to go, sneak peaks of whats coming next year will be on the horizon. :atsg_smilie_roll: . What we need to do is set this test for a period where all new releases are out and there is some downtime after, perhaps May - June. I'm thinking Las Vegas or L.A would be a great place to set this up.

I think I can get idrive, blader-X, acrazygolfer and a few others in the L.A - Vegas area's to participate. Ill put up the clubs and club making I just need guys to organize and take care of getting their swings to the location. Doesn't have to be only TSG'ers, WRX'ers & BSG'ers etc.. all welcome to participate.

If its just me putting this together with limited participation im not interested. Gonna need some serious helpers. We should do Drivers and wedges while we at it to.

If it's LA then I am in. I heard Maruman is improving the Conductor for 08 which might be interesting.

I'm a HUGE Miura fan, but Miura haven't come out with a JDM players CB club since CB-1006 from 2006, so I thought the ONOFF 247 Miura forged would cover it, because the design of the ONOFF 247 reminds me a whole lot of the CB-202 and CB-1006 - a clean looking classic forged split cavity back club forged by Miura.

but twice as expensive.... CB 1006 is a better candidate for most given the cost... Also, yururi CBs...

but twice as expensive.... CB 1006 is a better candidate for most given the cost... Also, yururi CBs...

Yeahhh...I agree - but I just tried to shorten the list a bit. Since I'm a blatant Miura lover and obviously biased towards Miura :tsg_smiley_heart: I tried to keep the test as neutral as possible, and tried to keep the number of contenders down to 10 iron models. But I agree, Yururi should also be there, and as mentioned, one or two US models like the Callaway X-Forged (which is in fact Endo forged) and maybe Miura Cb-202 (forged and finished in Himeji,Japan, at the small Miura plant), which could be one of the best players CB irons from Miura ever made.

But I tried to make a pretty comprehensive list, and at the same time not exceed 10 candidates.

To be honest, I didn't think Chris in his wildest dreams would think of actually carrying this test out in real life, but I certainly (again) was wrong....WOW :tsg_smiley_drool: :tsg_smiley_drool:

So many variables enter into this, I'm willing to get these clubs together and even build them to testing spec's. Who is willing to be a tester? A good time for me would be early May 2008 when the next batch of releases come out. If we do only the listed clubs above soon, by the time they are all in hand and ready to go, sneak peaks of whats coming next year will be on the horizon. :tsg_smiley_drool: . What we need to do is set this test for a period where all new releases are out and there is some downtime after, perhaps May - June. I'm thinking Las Vegas or L.A would be a great place to set this up.

WOW Chris - that you even think of carrying this test out is HUGE and super fantastic :tsg_smiley_drool::tsg_smiley_heart::tsg_smiley_drool:

The cost of the test gear alone will exceed $12K easily......it's a good thing a lot of guys will pay pretty high prices for test gear and demo gear.

I'll edit the list of potential contenders...... :atsg_logo_anim:

Sure I don't mind guy's gives me a reason to hit more balls with really great clubs, in the end I will just sell off the tester sets very cheap. Keep in mind guys I don't want to do this till slow season 2008 after all the new stuff has been released. That list will change, and grow!

For sure Miura CB202, Miuraism, YuRuRi, and others we haven't even heard of yet will be in the running as well.

For sure Miura CB202, Miuraism, YuRuRi, and others we haven't even heard of yet will be in the running as well.

We have not seen a Miuraism in this forum or proshop yet, have we?

It will be in about a week sir. It's got a busy design but you can select custom finish, custom specs, and custom offset. Only thing is you cant change the busy stamping on them. They are also very expensive.

I know but was surprised that you mentioned it. Dont see or hear much about them except in Japan.

Excuse me for my ignorance, but what the heck is Miuraism :tsg_smiley_drool:

I really like the sound of that name though :tsg_smiley_drool: + ISM - destined to be a great performing iron set :tsg_smiley_heart::tsg_smiley_drool:

Excuse me for my ignorance, but what the heck is Miuraism :atsg_logo_anim:

I really like the sound of that name though :tsg_smiley_drool: + ISM - destined to be a great performing iron set :tsg_smiley_heart::tsg_smiley_drool:

And Miura is your favourite brand? :tsg_smiley_drool:

And Miura is your favourite brand? :tsg_smiley_heart:

Yeahhhh...that's pathetic isn't it :tsg_smiley_drool:

I have only had access to the US version of the Miura website - couldn't read the Japan site and Taiwanese site :tsg_smiley_drool:

I was only able to find this muscle back Miuraism iron, and it looks axactly like an original Miura muscle back - what's the difference:

post-7791-1191989050.jpg

Hey, also found this cavity back, could it be this one Chris is talking about:

post-7791-1191989283.jpg

Must admit I far prefer the look of the US version Miura Cb-202:

post-7791-1191989391.jpg

Edited by Claus

as someone with a decent game but not a lot of resources, i'd dearly love to participate just for the opportunity to not only see, but actually hit all these jewels of equipment. i'm fortunate i at least have a nice set of tourstage viq forged.

by the way, what do you envision the new trend or look next year's clubs will be?

So many variables enter into this, I'm willing to get these clubs together and even build them to testing spec's. Who is willing to be a tester? A good time for me would be early May 2008 when the next batch of releases come out. If we do only the listed clubs above soon, by the time they are all in hand and ready to go, sneak peaks of whats coming next year will be on the horizon. :tsg_smiley_drool: . What we need to do is set this test for a period where all new releases are out and there is some downtime after, perhaps May - June. I'm thinking Las Vegas or L.A would be a great place to set this up.

I would definitely be up for this Chris.

Only one thing I ask and its to test at a site that has an all grass driving range. Absolutely no mats, otherwise there's no sense in testing. This would be a major undertaking.

I would definitely be up for this Chris.

Only one thing I ask and its to test at a site that has an all grass driving range. Absolutely no mats, otherwise there's no sense in testing. This would be a major undertaking.

It has to be either Palm Srpings or Vegas. I checked two years ago and it is not a problem getting a grass range to ourselves for a few hours to test clubs and then a round later and another round the next day. I think the prices are lower starting June 1st, both in Vegas and Palm Springs.

wow this is a monumental task, hope you guys get to accomplish all that. with chris offering to help source the irons and set up the demo at the specific location, all we need are some guys to be the guinea pigs. i would volunteer but im a world awaya nd my swing is still under repair. good luck guys looking forward to this one

Chris,

My swing is ready and I have 18 holes of testing space...but on the East Coast :tsg_smilie_smile2:

Not LA---PA