what 3w are you playing?

jacksonlui

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi J,

Playing sonartec NP-99 3 wood withFuji touor platform 26.3 x flex although am looking at the new kamui fairway and the PRGR egg / egg spoon.

I reckon it is more important to get this club right than a driver!

Vineman

PRGR Spoon 13*! My #5 is an 18* PRGR Egg.

The feel is a bit clinky and hollow but so far I can't find an easier more user friendly fairway wood.

Really liking both my Yamaha 3 & 5 Woods, the V-Fw's with the SF-8 shafts in them. For a safe tee shot on tight holes I used to be a 2I guy until recently. The 5 wood is really long and I can get an easy swing 230-250 that stays put. Never been too confident with the woods compared to the irons but it's changing a little.

d

back and forth between a 13 and 16*. both are kasco super hytens circa 2001. ive tried em all but this seems to be the only one i can hit consistently.

Epon 201, the most beautiful, wonderful feeling, powerful 3 wood I've ever used. However, it isn't forgiving, you better hit it flush and hard, I would only suggest it for 4hcp or better.

I'll be switching to the new Epon 202 when released and hope it's more forgiving. My 201 5 wood it great. I must admit to being curious about the EGG

Epon 201, the most beautiful, wonderful feeling, powerful 3 wood I've ever used. However, it isn't forgiving, you better hit it flush and hard, I would only suggest it for 4hcp or better.

I'll be switching to the new Epon 202 when released and hope it's more forgiving. My 201 5 wood it great. I must admit to being curious about the EGG

i agree, i have had the af201 13, 15 and 18 and damn are they for the better player. i actually hope the new af202 has a shallower face ala prgr egg

yep, dont even think of putting a bad swing on it. I dont have any trouble with the 18* 5 wood but certainly the 15* 3 wood is very demanding.

I have no idea what the 202 will bring. I, like you, am hoping for a shallower face and lower & deeper CG whilst retaining that distinct pure feel that Epon brings to the table.

PRGR Egg w/ Graphite Design SF8x shaft. Very good combination. Great distance, nice trajectory and good feel but only drawback; for me that's the sound. Its hard for me to get around the sound.

Can the EGG be hotmelted to mute the sound?

I don't think Hot melt would do much for the sound except change the pitch. Foaming would for sure change the sound making it more of a thwack mute tone.

I would be interested in that but I just dont want to mess with these as they perform so well.

PRGR Egg w/ Graphite Design SF8x shaft. Very good combination. Great distance, nice trajectory and good feel but only drawback; for me that's the sound. Its hard for me to get around the sound.

would the sound be a hollow high pitched tin can? i have the same complaint with my wood. sound aside its perfect.

as for hot melting it would not help unless of course you filled the entire head :)

It's not high pitched actually. I will record the sound for everyone to hear. I have gotten used to it and like it as do the people I play with. They always know when I'm hitting the EGG.

It's not high pitched actually. I will record the sound for everyone to hear. I have gotten used to it and like it as do the people I play with. They always know when I'm hitting the EGG.

hey that would be a great idea. thanks T!

Still in love with my GField 4 wood. Small head but a long walk to the next shot. GD shaft, but only a YS7, still, does the job. Thinking about the PRGR Egg, but then I go play a round and fall in love again.

i had 3 of those in different times. had a GD pt7s that i absolutely loved. at times i would hit it longer than my driver. how i miss that club, i was an idiot for selling them.

Spoon

You sold it to me:)

wow! i did? did you buy it shafted and if so what shaft? i cant recall anymore who i sold them to. as i said i had 3 at one time

Egg Spoon 15* right now. I'll be test driving a 14* Kamui FW w/Crazy FW80 shortly.

This is going to be a great shoot out.

I pulled out the Egg yesterday to lay back off the tee because water was out at 255. Hit it in the water. I don't know what it is but I hit this FW off the Tee as far as I do any driver. It goes very well off the deck but there's something about off the tee...