what 3w are you playing?

jacksonlui

Egg Spoon 15* right now. I'll be test driving a 14* Kamui FW w/Crazy FW80 shortly.

This is going to be a great shoot out.

I pulled out the Egg yesterday to lay back off the tee because water was out at 255. Hit it in the water. I don't know what it is but I hit this FW off the Tee as far as I do any driver. It goes very well off the deck but there's something about off the tee...

this i would like to see. the Egg is still my holy grail but considering the kamui as well. at this point i will wait for the release of the af 202 which is in a couple of months. if it does not fit my expectations i will go for the Egg.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Egg Spoon 15* right now. I'll be test driving a 14* Kamui FW w/Crazy FW80 shortly.

This is going to be a great shoot out.

I pulled out the Egg yesterday to lay back off the tee because water was out at 255. Hit it in the water. I don't know what it is but I hit this FW off the Tee as far as I do any driver. It goes very well off the deck but there's something about off the tee...

Same here... I hit my EGG Spoon as far as any driver. Lately I have been using it off the tee as I am far straighter and accurate with it than a driver at a longer length. I am considering getting a 13* just for off the tee.

Idrive,

How are you getting on with your shoot out?

Any course play yet? What shaft set up did you have in your Egg Spoon?

Thanks,

F

Idrive,

How are you getting on with your shoot out?

Any course play yet? What shaft set up did you have in your Egg Spoon?

Thanks,

F

Sorry guys, a mix up with the shipping and who's shaft was who's...

anyway it's going to be another week.

• 3 weeks later...

Idrive,

How is the honeymoon with your 3w?

Are you enjoying the shaft combo?

Thanks

F

I just sold my old Egg's for some new lofts. Just picked up the Egg spoon and the Egg 17* FW. will post pics and a review soon. We are all pretty familiar with these fairway woods but I just can't get over how easy they are to hit and how long they travel.

currently making do with a kzg old skool 17* with paragon 65 shaft. shaft is way too soft and has way too much spin for my liking but they are very long and easy to elevate. cant wait for the release of the new Ht:)

hi Guys

was wondering what 3w everyone is playing? anyone kept something classic like the epon 3w in the bag after all these years?

J

Royal Collection SFT III 14 degree with Graphite Design DI7. Great club.

Royal Collection SFT III 14 degree with Graphite Design DI7. Great club.

wow that is a crazy combo, how is the di7 as a FW wood? I would feel guilty using

an expensive shaft like that on a fw wood. congrats man sick sick combo, how would

you compare it to the quattro?

Idrive,

How is the honeymoon with your 3w?

Are you enjoying the shaft combo?

Thanks

F

I will have a full review in about another week.

Very intense shoot out going on right now.

I can tell you this, there was no honeymoon.

The Crazy shaft is different. It has taken me a bit to adjust to the way the shaft plays/feels.

Golf Digest Japan's latest issue just did a big report on the longest and most forgiving fairway woods.

I'll do a report on the blog but I was not surprised that only ONE fairway wood was rated as THE ultra distance FW out of 20 current models. I was not surprised because like me you all know which FW it was... damn I gave away the climax...

I am having all sort of problem hitting a 15* 3 wood off the deck consistently hence only hit a 4 or 7 wood now on fairway. I had a chance to hit the current model of XXIO 4 wood today on course and it must be one of the easiest fairway wood I had ever hit.

anxious to hear your review

just picked up a prgr 3w (502 hit), very nice 3w, can't wait to put it into play in July

Jack, what happen to May and June?

I'm still in physical therapy for my wrist, so far I haven't played for 6 months.

I hope I can start playing then.

I've lost quite a bit of strength in my right hand so I'm doing wrist and forearm exercises every other day.

In the past few months I've purchased a few JDM drivers and putters so I've accumulated enough things to play with.

I'm still in physical therapy for my wrist, so far I haven't played for 6 months.

I hope I can start playing then.

I've lost quite a bit of strength in my right hand so I'm doing wrist and forearm exercises every other day.

In the past few months I've purchased a few JDM drivers and putters so I've accumulated enough things to play with.

You know what they say about injured golfers. Rest well so you can play well in July.

while waiting for the ht i borrowed my bros ping g15 4 wood and man were they super easy to hit. the tfc 75s shaft though was very dissapointing. these are S american specs but they felt so light and whippy. the head on the other hand was a marvel of engineering. not shallow but very easy to pick up the ball from any lie. hope the HT can do better

the G15 woods are pretty nice but that would destroy the all JDM bag =)

I don't usually carry a 3w but the best one I've found was the PRGR 502hit, tiny head, very shallow which is great off the turf.

Hi Idrive,

I notice that the Egg is still in your bag. Honeymoon over with Kamui FW?

F

I really like my Versus VS 1 3wood very solid club great trajetory and distance along with unmatched feel

well i waited months for this and now that i have it i seriously hope it lives up to my expectations. waited almost 2 years for this shallow version to hit the market. lets see how it goes. shafted it with an oban 85 devotion and ordered it + 10 grams from stock weight to get my desired SW.

4615113760_2a154f994a_b.jpg

4614495529_b7e08137a9_b.jpg