yamaha driver

supo

ive never looked at yamaha and iwas just informed very relaibly by my club guy, thats this line of drivers is the very best japan has to offer, they were not mincing their words . try yamaha v spec and i asked about a lot of very good names , nope try yamaha was thie rrepsonse, these guys make thier own clubs, they have been putting mine together for3 years so i gotta listen. i know absolutley nothing about yamaha, so pls , if anyones got some info for me love to listen.

i like a heavier club , mid ball flight with roll ,slightly open face and 440cc ish is prefeed.

ive never looked at yamaha and iwas just informed very relaibly by my club guy, thats this line of drivers is the very best japan has to offer, they were not mincing their words . try yamaha v spec and i asked about a lot of very good names , nope try yamaha was thie rrepsonse, these guys make thier own clubs, they have been putting mine together for3 years so i gotta listen. i know absolutley nothing about yamaha, so pls , if anyones got some info for me love to listen.

i like a heavier club , mid ball flight with roll ,slightly open face and 440cc ish is prefeed.

There are quite a few posts about my 2009 Yamaha Inpres 4.6V rpm driver on TSG. I have been playing it since release and no other driver has been able to match its feel, traditional shape, and performance. I started with the stock Rombax 6Y09 and quickly replaced it. I have had the following shafts installed over time: Ozik Xcon5, Motore Speeder, Crazy TJ-46. I have taken out and reinstalled the JPGA Bassara Griffin 3 times. This is the current setup and is the best combo for me. It is a mid launching, penetration setup. Distance is second to know and control is great. Since shafts are so player specific, I won't talk too much about the shaft. I can honestly say I prefer the feel of this head over any I have ever tested. Only the Epon AF102 comes close in feel. I super solid soft positive feel not mushy. Just pure joy. Some like a more crisp feeling though. So far each time I stray, I come back to this driver and it fits like a pair of old shoes. Not that other drivers are bad, but I haven't found one that performs so well for me in all areas. I do believe that the 09 has been tested and rated and come up at the top or close to it it many publications. I am not aware of anyone else here having an 09. When I though the post office lost my Yamaha, I tried to find a replacement. Gocchin could find some used ones in Japan. They were still fetching very high prices.

I don't know much about the 2010 models, but I think a few have been purchased here and there are mixed reviews. Try one and let us know!

There are quite a few posts about my 2009 Yamaha Inpres 4.6V rpm driver on TSG. I have been playing it since release and no other driver has been able to match its feel, traditional shape, and performance. I started with the stock Rombax 6Y09 and quickly replaced it. I have had the following shafts installed over time: Ozik Xcon5, Motore Speeder, Crazy TJ-46. I have taken out and reinstalled the JPGA Bassara Griffin 3 times. This is the current setup and is the best combo for me. It is a mid launching, penetration setup. Distance is second to know and control is great. Since shafts are so player specific, I won't talk too much about the shaft. I can honestly say I prefer the feel of this head over any I have ever tested. Only the Epon AF102 comes close in feel. I super solid soft positive feel not mushy. Just pure joy. Some like a more crisp feeling though. So far each time I stray, I come back to this driver and it fits like a pair of old shoes. Not that other drivers are bad, but I haven't found one that performs so well for me in all areas. I do believe that the 09 has been tested and rated and come up at the top or close to it it many publications. I am not aware of anyone else here having an 09. When I though the post office lost my Yamaha, I tried to find a replacement. Gocchin could find some used ones in Japan. They were still fetching very high prices.

I don't know much about the 2010 models, but I think a few have been purchased here and there are mixed reviews. Try one and let us know!

i bought a 2007 v 4.6 yestreday with the tour ad ev7s shaft and took it out htis morining, this club has a pear shape which i dont really like, i tend to snap hook this shape driver, but didnt seem to do that today. im not really a great fan of ev series shats as well they tend to push too far right on miss**ts for my liking. but i had a very good seshy with this. today its a fantastic feeling head ,just feels differnt. more solid, more thump. def going to reshaft it , and get the quadra in there ,see how it goes ,but first thoughts were i loved its feel , the most solid stable feeling head. and a great sound. just have toget use to the pear shape. picked up the 2010 drivers, but it didnt really suit me eye. theres 2 shapes, a more sleek model, and the updated v spec. but they aint cheap...., wanted to see what the old model did first. 2 more games this wekeend with it reshafted see hs that goes.

I see Yamaha as the Titleist of JDM golf gear, they tend to use traditional shapes and designs yet kick it up with technology like Octaface V which breaks down the inside of the club heads face into various thicknesses providing attributes like enhancing forgiveness and improved feel.

The 2010 new V & D series drivers also have a new Forged Titanium face which provides lower spin and more run. The V201 is a good choice as it's looks player yet maintains a 460cc head size.

I wouldn't hesitate to consider the D series as well for those who have a bit of an issue going right or swing smooth. The V is still considered a driver for the faster swinger but by Japan's definition of "faster" many American golfers would be able to handle the V.

Not many people have adopted Yamaha drivers, IMO it's very underrated and is one of the best Japan has to offer.

• 3 weeks later...

ive hit these enough now to have a good feel for them.

my posse of these now consists of

2009 4.6 rpm v with a gd DI6s

2007 4.6 v with GD md 6s

2009 4.6 rpm D with roddio pentacross w6ba

had a great game on sat with the MD 6s into a stiff breeze ,this was a great club. id lost my slicemachine swing and was thumping these out there. with a nice little draw. i was hitting this in conjunction with the yonex nextage and i think the yamaha was the slightly better club. ( apples to apples here !) yamaha heads are very good indeed. and they are long, im converted now. the 2010 is getting looked at agn tonight........,

• 2 weeks later...

i have the 2009 4.6d rpm 10 degree with the tour ev6 and i love it.

i'm going to put up my speedline classic on the bay soon.

it's a very easy to hit driver that provides the forgiveness that i need.

the only thing i don't like is the open face for the model that i have, sometimes it hooks on me but all in all, it's a fairway finder which puts me in place more times than not

I'm going to buy one soon, I've been looking at them for years now and simply can't resist. Guys any feelings on the D type S, sounds perfect for me on paper...BB

Launch?

Spin?

I can't decide between the 10* or 11* model, I will definitely upgrade the shaft too!

I'm going to buy one soon, I've been looking at them for years now and simply can't resist. Guys any feelings on the D type S, sounds perfect for me on paper...BB

Launch?

Spin?

I can't decide between the 10* or 11* model, I will definitely upgrade the shaft too!

I have the type D 10*. Sound is a bit hollow for my taste but acceptable. Feel is good. More of a shallow face which tends to be less workable. Launches higher than stated loft which may be due to it being a higher spin head or maybe higher launch shaft. Probably the weakest part is the shaft which plays softer than true flex. Also, the length of shaft on mine was 45.75" so the head must be light to get D1 SW (I measured D0). This may have implications if you are going to reshaft. It's draw biased, so if I get too aggresive it goes left in a big but not so good way. Have to be a smooth swinger for this stock setup and let the club do all the work. I think if you're a 10 or below handicap the V201 would be better.

Edited by jamnguy1

After reading more I'm leaning towards one of the V201 models, I'm trying to figure out which one has mid launch, the tour model or the 460cc model. I'm not that hung up on the volume of the tour model (430cc) as I'm a pretty consistant ball striker but I do want the one which launches higher...Thanks for the info, really appreciate it! BB

I have the type D 10*. Sound is a bit hollow for my taste but acceptable. Feel is good. More of a shallow face which tends to be less workable. Launches higher than stated loft which may be due to it being a higher spin head or maybe higher launch shaft. Probably the weakest part is the shaft which plays softer than true flex. Also, the length of shaft on mine was 45.75" so the head must be light to get D1 SW (I measured D0). This may have implications if you are going to reshaft. It's draw biased, so if I get too aggresive it goes left in a big but not so good way. Have to be a smooth swinger for this stock setup and let the club do all the work. I think if you're a 10 or below handicap the V201 would be better.

[/quot

in the D series id reccomend to go the lowest degree u can handle, these go plenty high enough ,and DEFINATLY change the shaft. the stock one doesnt do it any justice. agreed it goes right very y easily, and the smoother u are the better it goes hard swinging doesnt seem to work with this driver i agree.

i just put an ozick f6m2 in mine and the trajectory is no problem, it didnt balloon and went mid high. with decent distance. def not as long as the V thats for certain and yes its a little hollow sounding ,but nothing i was overly concerned about. compared to the V series its a lot lighter and more closed a, mines 45.5 @ 309 grams @ d1. compared to the 2009 v quadra @ ( 318 gram d3 45inch)

the Vseries ive got with GD dis...... GD md6s.....quadra fire 65xs. out of these Vseries , the quadra shafted one is the longest, lowest piercing one for sure. then most stable is the md 6s ,its a shoter in distance just.., but seems straighter , and the DI has a slight fade bias and is plenty long. the V series isnt the most forgiving driver thats for sure, miss hits are quite punishing. . the D series are much easier, but they just lack that punch of the V.

ive been snooping at the new models for a cpl of months now but im going to wait till a cpl show up in used bins b4 i jump in , that hasnt really happeend yet, the older model are that good im not holding my breath in anticipation. only thing im not 100% in love with abt new models is thier look, they look a bit more cumbersome a bit more fuller bodied...... kinda like a srixon z-tx rather that thie prevous models. but cant say till i hit one..........., which WILL be soon.

hold the fort for a second chaps , i just found 2 , 201 v series theres 2 models the tour and the non tour im gonna get the non nour 201 v thats got a illima 60 s in it but whatever, im more keen to see how it looks hits, ill change the shaft later . so hang on a sec and ill post a report on wed off to the range tom night.

hold the fort for a second chaps , i just found 2 , 201 v series theres 2 models the tour and the non tour im gonna get the non nour 201 v thats got a illima 60 s in it but whatever, im more keen to see how it looks hits, ill change the shaft later . so hang on a sec and ill post a report on wed off to the range tom night.

Looking forward to hearing your experience.

what loft did you get on the v201? Have you played it yet? How is that shaft-head combo? Was looking into the same combo.

Guys,

I don't have any experience with the 2010 models because all my experience is with the 2009 4.6V rpm. I have written extensively about this driver. It is still in the bag despite trying numerous other head and shaft combos. I can't comment on the new 2010 however the 2009 is the real deal in all regards. It obviously is a tough club for me to beat.

Looking forward to hearing your experience.

10* going with the crazy black 50 x shaft in the yamaha 201 v non tour version. will be ready today....... range tonight!

• 3 years later...

Revive an old thread, just picked up a mint 2009 4.6v shafted with a personal favorite oldie but goodie, Rombax 6F09. I'm going through this phase where new drivers aren't performing any better than my old favorites so I'm constantly on the hunt for the old timers with the RIGHT feel and looks. I'm excited to game this one honestly, I'm hoping the face is more open than my previous 2010 V201, any insight fellas??

Edited by BigBen

Revive an old thread, just picked up a mint 2009 4.6v shafted with a personal favorite oldie but goodie, Rombax 6F09. I'm going through this phase where new drivers aren't performing any better than my old favorites so I'm constantly on the hunt for the old timers with the RIGHT feel and looks. I'm excited to game this one honestly, I'm hoping the face is more open than my previous 2010 V201, any insight fellas??

Your selecting solid older models to play with and as you said looking for the "RIGHT feel and looks". add heads natural performance characteristics to that as well.

I would say don't worry about face angle so much, you have to come in 0* square for it to play as spec'd. If it's a visual thing it can be adjusted by hand to look as open as you wish. The V201 is pretty much square to my eye.

I had the 2008 4.6v 9* Diamana Kai'li in play last year and it was my favourite driver until the shaft snapped. I now have the V201 Tour 9* with Diamana X and it's even better. I think that they both have a square FA

Your selecting solid older models to play with and as you said looking for the "RIGHT feel and looks". add heads natural performance characteristics to that as well.

I would say don't worry about face angle so much, you have to come in 0* square for it to play as spec'd. If it's a visual thing it can be adjusted by hand to look as open as you wish. The V201 is pretty much square to my eye.

Very true Chris, in the States all the craze is adjustable drivers and its so nice to play a traditional glued in model. Once it arrives from Japan it's off to a VERY high quality refinisher to replace the paint with a matte black finish, nice because the paint break is above the Yamaha logo so I will not loose the labeling. If I recall the face technology on this guy was ahead of its time...BB Edited by BigBen

I had the 2008 4.6v 9* Diamana Kai'li in play last year and it was my favourite driver until the shaft snapped. I now have the V201 Tour 9* with Diamana X and it's even better. I think that they both have a square FA

Yes the face is very square on the V201, I play 10* loft so to me the added loft will always "appear" to be more closed due to seeing so much face. As Chris mentioned it really is all relative...BB

ahhhhhhhhhh yes............. the old trusty yamaha.. i had a nother russel around with one of these not too long ago.

the 09 i think it was.

what a club ahd a great fubuki shaft in it and it was just magic.

didnt wanna let that go, but its in ver ygood hands now.

forgot about yamaha drivers. had 08 thru to 13

wasnt one i didnt like

I always seem to go back to Yam Tour V202 or 203. Best overall driver heads ever for me IMO.

ahhhhhhhhhh yes............. the old trusty yamaha.. i had a nother russel around with one of these not too long ago.

the 09 i think it was.

what a club ahd a great fubuki shaft in it and it was just magic.

didnt wanna let that go, but its in ver ygood hands now.

forgot about yamaha drivers. had 08 thru to 13

wasnt one i didnt like

I totally agree, just clean simple drivers that flat out perform. I've always agreed with Chris and his assessment that Yamaha and Titleist share a very similar heritage, not a lot of gimmicks just simple sexy clubs...BB