Crazy Royal Decoration + Ryoma

jamnguy1

I understand the Ryoma is an awesome club, and I am thinking about getting one some day, but...50 yards extra distance with a driver? And 40 yards extra for a woman hitting the Ryoma FW? If we forget about increases in yards, and think percentage, a woman golfer usually don't hit driver much longer than 180 yards, maybe 200..Tops. And now she is hitting a FW 40 yards longer? So she is now hitting it 20-25% longer than her old driver? And is now hitting it, what, 230-240? It just sounds a bit OTT.

And adding 50 yards with your driver? Did you use a 2 degree 435 with an XXXXXstiff shaft before or what? No matter how unsuitable a driver is for me, there would never be 50 yards of difference between that and driver that suits me, it just sounds a bit overblown. Sorry, I don't believe it. I mean, 50 (!) yards?

My wife is usually around 200 yards with the driver, she did win the ladies long drive at a couple tournements with her longest drive at 255 yards, really.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife is usually around 200 yards with the driver, she did win the ladies long drive at a couple tournements with her longest drive at 255 yards, really.

Yes, like I wrote, women usually can muster around 200 yards from a drive. That's not out of the question. But a woman going down to a FW, whatever FW it is, and ADD 40 yards to her tee shots compared to her driver? It's just not believable. Some FW can rival the driver when it comes to length, but to ADD 40 yards? I don't believe it.

Yes, like I wrote, women usually can muster around 200 yards from a drive. That's not out of the question. But a woman going down to a FW, whatever FW it is, and ADD 40 yards to her tee shots compared to her driver? It's just not believable. Some FW can rival the driver when it comes to length, but to ADD 40 yards? I don't believe it.

I don't think he mentioned "FW" in his posts. It's a 13* Ryoma D1 driver.

Oops, ok my bad. But still?

Oops, ok my bad. But still?

I see what you mean. The way I look at it, maybe the last driver didn't fit the user? Too stiff/soft, loft too low /high, spin too high/ low..... Too many factors. I seen few of my friends gain some 15-20 yards just by switching shafts, head or the whole thing. Will not be surprise if they gain more with some of the JDM driver mention here. Most of the mass production driver has +- 2*-3* of stated loft! I remember few years back, I bought a driver head stated 8.5*, but measured @ 11*!! I wonder what they were doing during the production and question their QC. never bought that brand again. Back to topic, gaining 20+ yards is possible!

Which one won the contest (RD vs. CB46)?

I haven't commented yet because I don't practice and do my testing during game. As Gian11 said I have bombed this quite a few times but I haven't had the consistent rounds I have had with the cb46. My initial findings is

CB46 - long, has more control, can shape easily fade/draw

RD - longer when both nutted & works well with standard full swing. I couldn't grip down & shape any shots at this point so tight doglegs that need shaping = trouble. Yes, I do prefer hitting a bigger headed club gripped down on such holes than a 3w.

Spoon is selling my cb46 coz of shipping issues coming from oz (friend carried for me) coz wife will kill me for having an idle shaft that cost $$$. But I am still kinda in confused between these two shafts.

When both nutted up to 2clubs differential in approach. It's 46.5 vs 45.5 and the prgr rep shows me higher efficiency average of

Course on the shorter one so on average cb46 will statistically get the nod but It's still early days yet & I need more time. When u middle both then you will see the diff hence why i am persevering. It's designed to play longer so gripping down gives it a yukky feel for me.

Yesterday I had trouble early and a long time mate (it's Oliver Gian11) told me ur nuts changing shafts, that brand is just u... Crazy! Then I nutted one and he said oh ok, I see now but it's Still to Get consistent.

Edited by Eca

When both nutted up to 2clubs differential in approach. It's 46.5 vs 45.5 and the prgr rep shows me higher efficiency average of Course on the shorter one so on average cb46 will statistically get the nod but It's still early days yet & I need more time. When u middle both then you will see the diff hence why i am persevering. It's designed to play longer so gripping down gives it a yukky feel for me. Yesterday I had trouble early and a long time mate (it's Oliver Gian11) told me ur nuts changing shafts, that brand is just u... Crazy! Then I nutted one and he said oh ok, I see now but it's Still to Get consistent.

COnsistency... you;re omn the rigth track and target imo. MOst anyone can hit a bomb by his/her standards but can that be repeated for most if not every hole is the key. The performance of a shaft for me has to have consistency factored in and when that is done, the avg distance typically drops but sure, hitting the occasional bomb is possible for most combos.

In my Ryoma + Royal Deco I have had my best distance yet but dispersion is a little wide for me. I'm back to the Muziik. Distance is just slightly better than average but I can rely on straight shots most of the rounds. I think the dispersion of the Muziik + the forgiveness of the Ryoma equals very reliable drives.

This is my dilemma but being rarely at the range I am a little slow in my assessment and certainly wont quickly change. I can still see the potential of the RD but also can see myself regretting selling the cb46 lol. Maybe no one buys by May where I might go visit Spoon and pick it up lol.

I wasn't disagreeing with you I was bragging on my girl.

I wasn't disagreeing with you I was bragging on my girl.

And so you should! 255 is a very respectable drive for most women, even on tour.

Oh dear. I hv a ryoma vspec 9.5 on cb 46 7.2 as well. Also play epon 152 on longest yard. The ryoma / cb46 is aweome, it my gamer with 70 odd rounds, my FIR went from 58% to 75%s.........and am 15-20 yrds longer ( ss 105-110 ).

Like eca, this post has got me going now - for those who have played LY, CB46 and Royal Dec........is there a huge diff or just from longer shafts?

Thks

Like eca, this post has got me going now - for those who have played LY, CB46 and Royal Dec........is there a huge diff or just from longer shafts?

Thks

As I learned from the posts, RD is longer than CB46 .. if you can handle 46´´ or more.

I compared LY01 Nero to CB46 and LY01 gave me + 20 yards (no joke..), much better feel, better control - .. but at 44,5´´.

So, i´m very interested to read about RD vs. LY01 comparison, too.

Edited by sundowner