S-Yard T.388 - Designed by Kenji Kobayashi

nobmontana

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are all waiting patiently.

Me, not so patiently... Even though I can't go the course, with very anxious on this one...

Its next week in Japan… Why isn't this beauty in the Pro Shop yet?

Hey D.....

Rev psychology won't work... ^^

It's funny you actually mentioned epon 380.

I met a guy at my country club yesterday... and he had epon 380. We had a round together using both divers. At the end if the day, we both agreed t 388 performed better. In fact, he was asking me to sell it to him with original price..:)

He desperately wanted it for his tourney next weekend. I just let him use it for a week.

Anyway, epon 380 was good.... In fact, really good. But I kept getting 15 more yards with t 388.

Control and feeling were both good.

I know this driver isn't for everyone but I love this one to death. Like many other members here, I do love my ryoma, 435r, and Yamaha tour as well. But this one...... I love it for different reason.

So....don't forget patience is virtue.....

Get this one in near future!

Thanks Tae you really know how to help a guy be patient. Lol

That's okay I know it's only a matter of time before someone decides to sell. I have a quadra fire express waiting to put in it when the time comes.

Hahahaha..... I am so sorry... didn't mean anything bad. ^^

quadra combo sounds good!!!!

The T388 has design advantages over the Technity 380.

Both are created by the same guy, Kobayashi-san.

The T388 has a much more advanced plasma welded Hybrid cup face which wraps the sole and crown.

The Epon 380 was an insert in the face meaning the sweet spot was quite a bit smaller.

The aerodynamics and weighting are more advanced in the T388 as well with the CG placement shorter and higher to create even lower spin than the 380.

Finally the materials are different, the T388 uses VL Titanium which is thinner hence more hot yet more durable compared to what I think was 15-3-3-3 in the 380 if I remember correctly.

To all those who want to order... email me. I will make arrangements.

[email protected]

Available as head only, stock Tour AD 388 Shaft (cross between feel and spin of a DI and control of a BB), or a custom shaft built right at Endo.

9.5* 10.5* lofts, stock shaft in SR or S.

Custom headweights (though I need to confirm the range) and of course lengths and swingweights.

I know one guy really likes it. Other than that the silence is rather deafening...

nobmontana likes it, tae likes it, I like it... so far that's 3... nobody else has it yet....

Just from my experience. I hit T.388 higher than Ryoma+513 but a bit lower than Callaway+Regio shaft which has high launch as its characteristic. My HS is only 85-90MPH. So, I believe 9.5 might be better for heavy hitter or high HS guys. Maybe T can chime in this.

Mark

ok fellas. 9.5 or 10.5 ????

Wonder if they can do face angle adjustments too, or if it is just length and weight...

Thanks for the feedback. I was prepared with the advances in engineering that the s yard could be a step forward in optimizing length and accuracy, but what's the feel at impact like? I've grown fond of the soft trampoline feeling of the 380. Does the s yard have a very metallic feel from the face materials?

No. It's a bit soft. Not that Ryoma soft, quite like Endo drivers' feel... but definitely not metallic feel, especially the sound not annoys our ears like Nike Zumo or TM RBZ

Mark

Thanks for the feedback. I was prepared with the advances in engineering that the s yard could be a step forward in optimizing length and accuracy, but what's the feel at impact like? I've grown fond of the soft trampoline feeling of the 380. Does the s yard have a very metallic feel from the face materials?

Hey D.....

Rev psychology won't work... ^^

It's funny you actually mentioned epon 380.

I met a guy at my country club yesterday... and he had epon 380. We had a round together using both divers. At the end if the day, we both agreed t 388 performed better. In fact, he was asking me to sell it to him with original price..:)

He desperately wanted it for his tourney next weekend. I just let him use it for a week.

Anyway, epon 380 was good.... In fact, really good. But I kept getting 15 more yards with t 388.

Control and feeling were both good.

I know this driver isn't for everyone but I love this one to death. Like many other members here, I do love my ryoma, 435r, and Yamaha tour as well. But this one...... I love it for different reason.

So....don't forget patience is virtue.....

Get this one in near future!

What loft are you playing the T388 and the 435R and how would compare these?

Why do you think this driver is not for every one?(they only sell this with a r/s or s shaft does it mean not for hard hitters)

What loft are you playing the T388 and the 435R and how would compare these?

Why do you think this driver is not for every one?(they only sell this with a r/s or s shaft does it mean not for hard hitters)

When I said it's not for everyone, it was regarding to the size of head. It's a lot smaller than other drivers like ryoma, crazy 460, and jbeam.

I believe it is size of epon zero., but more forgiving than zero for sure.

I always play 9 or 9.5.

My s yard is 9.5..... and its trajectory is lower than ryoma and 435R. 435R and ryoma is still king of distance for me. But s yard is pretty much up there. It rolls a lot.... I mean a lot. It reminds me of egg 7 driver.

It's pretty wet here in Oregon now. I kinda think s yard can out drive ryoma and 435R in summer.

Although I love my 435r, if I have to choose one driver, it will be s yard. 435r has loud metallic sound.... and it feels really hard. But you still gotta love it for the distance, right?

S yard is totally different from 435r though.

It's soft..... doesn't have that muted or high metallic sound. It's just right..... at least for me.

My s yard t 301 and 302 have muted sound though.

I sent couple of message to the members about the shaft before Tario posted info about s yard.

It reminded me of somewhere between ad bb6 and addi6. My swing speed is 102-105 mph.

Stiff was just right for me. If you are a hard hitter using x stiff, this shaft might not work.... That's just my opinion though. I hope I answered all your questions and helped you out .

Let me know if you have more question.

When I said it's not for everyone, it was regarding to the size of head. It's a lot smaller than other drivers like ryoma, crazy 460, and jbeam.

I always play 9 or 9.5.

My s yard is 9.5..... and its trajectory is lower than ryoma and 435R. 435R and ryoma is still king of distance for me. But s yard is pretty much up there. It rolls a lot.... I mean a lot. It reminds me of egg 7 driver.

It's pretty wet here in Oregon now. I kinda think s yard can out drive ryoma and 435R in summer.

Although I love my 435r, if I have to choose one driver, it will be s yard. 435r has loud metallic sound.... and it feels really hard. But you still gotta love it for the distance, right?

It's soft..... doesn't have that muted or high metallic sound. It's just right..... at least for me.

I sent couple of message to the members about the shaft before Tario posted info about s yard.

It reminded me of somewhere between ad bb6 and addi6. My swing speed is 102-105 mph.

Stiff was just right for me. If you are a hard hitter using x stiff, this shaft might not work.... That's just my opinion though. I hope I answered all your questions and helped you out .

Thanks yes that helps in the beginning I thought the same about the 435R but after I changed to a better ball I can really feel and hear how I hit the ball and love it.I played the Epon AF 101 and love the softness but I did not have the explosive feel of the 435 and to much spin.

Did you hit both on a launch monitor? I have the feeling that the harder face of the 435R has a lower spin I never hit a driver with such a low spin and distance.

Can you compare forgiveness ?

Thanks for all the info

Edited by dodo

I always play 9 or 9.5.

That's very helpful feedback Tae,

How would you contrast the S-Yard T.388 vs the Yamaha heads in terms of feel?

I currently play the Yam '12 Tour head...

Thanks yes that helps in the beginning I thought the same about the 435R but after I changed to a better ball I can really feel and hear how I hit the ball and love it.I played the Epon AF 101 and love the softness but I did not have the explosive feel of the 435 and to much spin.

Did you hit both on a launch monitor? I have the feeling that the harder face of the 435R has a lower spin I never hit a driver with such a low spin and distance.

Thanks for all the info

If you enjoyed the AF101 you will really like the feel of the 103. I've been playing that the last handful of rounds. I'm eagerly waiting for the next batch of T.388 drivers to ship.

That's very helpful feedback Tae,

How would you contrast the S-Yard T.388 vs the Yamaha heads in terms of feel?

I currently play the Yam '12 Tour head...

I never hit 12 tour head.

But I have a 13 tour.

In terms of feel, they are very similar.

But t 388 is more forgiving although it has smaller head.

Thanks for all the info

Yes I have.... although I do not remember exact numbers, t 388 and 435r were about same.

Surprising, huh?

I think that's where magic of t388 coming from.

Soft.... but still low spin.... and hugh roll.....

I have cb 46 on 435R and I have hit t 388 with stock shaft and matrix ozik TP6HD.

Forgiveness wise, I find t 388 is more forgiving.

That was surprising for me too... considering how small head is.