Epon 2015 Release Schedule

TourSpecGolfer

yay,....... they don't disappoint.

Not radical looking, more evolutional and I thank them for that. Can't wait to see them at address and in the flesh.

any images of the new 'zero' ???????

Thanks for the pics C

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankx for the update Chris, the irons don't seem to have changed much....haha now how about that new Zero !!!!

Will pass judgement when I see in hand piccies. Not liking them based on these pictures.

Hmmm. Yes at this point I would stick with 302's..

I'll reserve my comments until I see address pics of the af tours. I know the 302s were wildly popular but I hated the width of the sole on those. I wonder how's the, 303s will compare

Of course Epon is JDM, it's sold to the Japanese Domestic Market, even though it is sold elsewhere in the same form. If they had a special North American product lineup, that line would not be JDM. Mizuno JPX 850 Forged are not JDM. Their equivalent Japan only product is JDM.

JDM means a product that is officially sold and marketed only and specifically in Japan. If the same product, goes for any type of product by the way, is sold officially worldwide it is NOT a JDM product. Really easy.

So Epon, that now officially promotes and sell its stuff worldwide, is by definition NOT JDM. PRGR is JDM. As is OnOff, Miura Giken, Tsuruya and others.

I become a fan of EPON when I started using the 302s they are that good ...but these new models the "wow" factor in terms of looks is missing for me..I hope they perform and feel as good as the 302s..

Edited by gian11

Thought the 903 was a DI? Am surprised they would recycle a number like that...

These will be nice looking clubs and I'm sure they will perform half decent but you guys are right they don't hold up visually to Kobayashi-san designs.

I do think it looks too mainstream to consider cool or for "insiders" or the "hardcore". It's Logo'd up and imo almost corporate looking.

The iron line up will be:

Personals

AF-Tour MB

AF-Tour CB

AF-302

AF-303

AF-503

AF-703

The reason why Epon appeals to many is the HRB80 hardness rating, this is what amateurs want, soft even on mis**ts with little feedback.

This is why many + handicappers think the P2, AF-Tour are mushy but Epon is gunning for the average consumer not the pro's.

post-18-0-67827900-1422993464_thumb.png

Any other brands that shoot for that hardness rating?

Mizuno has some even softer, something similar was done with the ONOFF Kuro, there are many but usually not done through the entire line up.

Which models? I want melted butter drizzled on cotton soft.

I'm going to get a set of 303s with some roddio i10s and see what thats about.

my complaint about the 503 is the pocket covety in the shorter irons. this could

be the answer.

most guys complain about the initial pixies but in the flesh they are different beasts.

the same was said about the p2s. il update you when i see these in person.