What is fair? Please LOOK!

joey3108

I got this email this morning from a customer that contain a cut and paste statement. I don't know who is it from but I think if you have an IQ over 80 should be able to guess. :)

"A deliberate attempt to try and kill the market. Nothing more than vindictiveness and an attempt to drive the price down by people with no stake in the marketplace. Basically take it as nothing more than a personal attack at Tour club sellers. See it for what it is, a personal attack.

Also, take it as an aberition. I know of about 10 heads that have been sold by true Tour club sellers, all for well over $3000. That really is the market price and what people are offering for the heads. I even know of one RETAIL head that was sold in Arizona for almost $3000. Put one on Ebay and see what it brings.

Killing the Tour club market place kills BSG. If you would like to see that happen, encourage that type of behavior, because BSG will not exist when it ceases to be a profitable time investment. I am going to close this, because the thread will get ugly in a hurry."

Now my intention here is to let you guys think and give me a realistic answer on"What is the fair price of R7 quad tour issue suppose to be?"

Please use you common sense and educated realistic thinking, Not what someone said or I've heard

Let's start w/ mine :)

I think double the price of a retail is fair enough. So if the highest retail price $699, so the highest price of the tour issue shouldn't be no more than $1400, OK maybe some one out there want to have it first and have a deep pocket...I can see around $2000. All this price should come down after the retail shop start stocking them IMO ( remember it's next month ).

WADAYA guys think?

Thank you for participating. :)

Fair is a two way street here... if it is a legit tour head and tour shaft then fair is simply whatever the highest bidder offers. But for most golfers even the low handicaps a true tour setup is probably a bit much to handle, so perhaps they need to reshaft to something that fits their came more.

I guess what truly matters the most is whether there are going to be Japan issued tour heads that are retail there similar to the Yellow flag version of the RAC wedge. If its that type tour iron then $999.00 would be more realistic.

that was a post in BSG...actually... I gave him a piece of my mind, not being a very shy person. But your right...no one person can set the market value or nor should he try. With TM products you have to pump and dump or get left holding the bag. Sounds like sour grapes since he was too busy pumping and forgot to dump (quick)

happens to us all... but we should whine in a open forum about it

Todd thinks he sets the price for everything and that people who sell these drivers for $1300 are trying to kill BSG, when in reality they just arent as greedy as him.

You guys notice how the r7 that sold on BSG was deleted so no one could see the price? Probably because is selling them for double what it sold for.

i dunno...i give up....what kind of person would try to sell a quad 7 for 3000.00 ding ding ding....that would be me...i want to sell a tour quad for 3000.00 ...in fact i would like to sell 25 of them......anybody want one at that price ?????

The excuse that all "sold" threads get deleted is BS. There are a bunch of "sold" threads that are still there.

I have one point to add to this. When comparisons are made to what the 300 Tour and later the 510DF were fetching you have to take into account that neither of these heads, as far as we knew, were going to be made available to the public. The only way to get one was through the tour. That somewhat justified the hefty price tag. But then TM released the 510TP and that burst the bubble on that market. Now in the case of the R7 we KNOW that TM will release a TP version. How then can it command the same or even higher price than the 300 Tour and 510DF??!! It can't. Only a complete and utter nut case would spend $3000 for a club that will be released in 2 months at less than a quarter of that price. Now, there are a few nut cases out there. Notably those crazy Cameron collectors. But last I checked they weren't all that interested in collecting drivers. Much less one's that are not unique.

Now I paid what I paid for the priviledge of playing this club 2 months ahead of time. But I did not pay 4 times the retail value. Not even close! So if in fact 10 have been sold at 3G's a pop $30,000 total, then I have to believe that there is a special place reserved in the afterlife for these folks. A place that I can't afford to buy my way into at this time.

Oh and lastly, I wish people would stop messing with the screws in my head. They've already been stripped and tend to fall out enough as it is.

I will add my two cents worth - remember this is from a Titleist person also, but I am looking at the TM drivers. The market is set by two things - first is what people will pay - straight and simple - the second is from what a person feels like they should be able to make for profit. I could care less if a person sales a club for 50K - look at the Tiger Woods putter that was for sale. Most clubs are picked up fairly cheap from tour players - someone knows someone that can get them as a friend to a caddy that is making some money on the side. I know of a person that picked up a R7 from the tour van a couple of weeks ago for 350 - yes 350. They even shafted it for him with a shaft from a local store because he is 60 years old and the shaft he wanted was not available at the course. Some pros sale them for side money. The bottom line is that if you got a club for free and sold it for 1300 you still made a ton of money - is that right ? What amount of markup should you get ? Fair market value is one thing but rape is another. If pros want 2000 for one - and you can sale it for 3000 - go ahead - you make 50% or 1000 per club sold. Before long, someone will find out and quit doing it unless they find that acceptable.

The way I look at it - if it is that much better then what I have - I will pay whatever it takes to get it. If it is just a fad - so be it. I play what works - but that is just me.

Now - I want a putter that makes every putt - 18 putts a round - that is worth millions - anyone have one - I will take it sight unseen.

:o

A fair price is what the market will bear. If the market is unwilling to pony upu 3K for a club then the seller has to deal with it. If they are smart they realize they have to drop prices and get what they can. If they aren't smart then they develop a paranoia and blame everyone else.

The debate about the prices on this club is simply in line with the big whines about the R500 and how TM "ruined" the market by dumping them all at the same time. Interesing enough the same individual whining now was the biggest whiner then and has in the past been questioned about other prices (see 704cb, lehman grinds etc). I think it would be nice and perhaps much more justifiable in my mind if tour clubs were at most double the price of retail, as this should easily provide enough profit to operate any "site." However, in reality it is whatever the market will bear and it is real tough to know what the market truely is.

There are a lot of crazy purchasers that pay premiums to have a club a couple of months early oh well that is there choice and there is no moral obligation on a sellers part to prevent this from happening but I think price gouging is wrong and this happens a lot especially when clubs are first released. For example some bozo, no offense intended but they are an absolute bozo in my mind, paid nearly 1800 to Jim Butler to get a Production yes that is a Production Red X about two months early -- lets see that is roughly 750 per month to play it. Now whether or not it was wrong for Jim to do this and why should he get such a "privilege" thrown to him from Scotty are two different questions but somebody paid for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3668129055

Same deal with the R7s if some bozo wants to pay 3000 to play what basically will be the TP model with a suggested retail of 1000 a month and a half early then that is about 333 a week until it is released. Even if you played seven days a week that is about 48 a day to have it early -- sure hope whoever paid that gets 48 a day out of her :lol: What is wrong in my mind though is someone or a small group of people trying to bully and force their prices on the market. Eventually they will hopefully fail but at first they are likely to succeed due to some good old truths ---- Greed and a Fool and his money will soon part ways.

I think the suspicion is that someone who wanted to influence R7 Tour prices lower posted a fake, and very quick, buy/sell transaction for a price he thought would be well below the market. I doubt a tour R7 would only sell for $300.00 over the (anticipated)retail price of the TaylorMade R7 TP. Perhaps I'm wrong. :)

It was pretty ingenious. :wink:

I think the suspicion is that someone who wanted to influence R7 Tour prices lower posted a fake, and very quick, buy/sell transaction for a price he thought would be well below the market. I doubt a tour R7 would only sell for $300.00 over the (anticipated)retail price of the TaylorMade R7 TP. Perhaps I'm wrong. :)

It was pretty ingenious. :wink:

If you think the R7 is going to retail for $999...no way in hell...try atleast 400 less...I guess we will all find out in a couple months...6 months till costco :lol:

Killing the Tour club market place kills BSG. If you would like to see that happen, encourage that type of behavior, because BSG will not exist when it ceases to be a profitable time investment. I am going to close this, because the thread will get ugly in a hurry."

This is not Killing the Tour market in my opinion, just bringing in honest competition and its only natural for a business to not welcome the competition with open arms. I especially like the part where it says BSG will not exist due to it not being a profitable time investment. making $100 - $200 on a single club is Awesome, its just when you get greedy and want 300-500-1000-2000 when it starts getting very very silly.

Money is good but greed isn't.

To answer your question Joe, I think an R7 Tour right now is worth 1250.00 and when the TP comes out to the retail market 850.00 then when the R7XD or R??? comes out 400-500.00...its just my guess.

...joseph - this can't possibly be a quote from the fibber. he left-out all mention of 'vampires'...but then again, the 'aberition' of the word aberration, gives me food for thought...the rest of his schpeal is laughable...we should probably just blame the junior colleges of america in the forcing of econ101 as a requirement to all enrollment - then we wouldn't need to read the strategic forecasting from the lame brain of equipment flipping...

e

;)

I got this email this morning from a customer that contain a cut and paste statement. I don't know who is it from but I think if you have an IQ over 80 should be able to guess. :)

"A deliberate attempt to try and kill the market. Nothing more than vindictiveness and an attempt to drive the price down by people with no stake in the marketplace. Basically take it as nothing more than a personal attack at Tour club sellers. See it for what it is, a personal attack.

Also, take it as an aberition. I know of about 10 heads that have been sold by true Tour club sellers, all for well over $3000. That really is the market price and what people are offering for the heads. I even know of one RETAIL head that was sold in Arizona for almost $3000. Put one on Ebay and see what it brings.

Now my intention here is to let you guys think and give me a realistic answer on"What is the fair price of R7 quad tour issue suppose to be?"

Please use you common sense and educated realistic thinking, Not what someone said or I've heard

Let's start w/ mine :)

I think double the price of a retail is fair enough. So if the highest retail price $699, so the highest price of the tour issue shouldn't be no more than $1400, OK maybe some one out there want to have it first and have a deep pocket...I can see around $2000. All this price should come down after the retail shop start stocking them IMO ( remember it's next month ).

WADAYA guys think?

Thank you for participating. :)

This is not Killing the Tour market in my opinion, just bringing in honest competition and its only natural for a business to not welcome the competition with open arms. I especially like the part where it says BSG will not exist due to it not being a profitable time investment. making $100 - $200 on a single club is Awesome, its just when you get greedy and want 300-500-1000-2000 when it starts getting very very silly.

Money is good but greed isn't.

To answer your question Joe, I think an R7 Tour right now is worth 1250.00 and when the TP comes out to the retail market 850.00 then when the R7XD or R??? comes out 400-500.00...its just my guess.

EXACTLY!

Who ever greedy will always get F**K at the end.

Remember I believe in KARMA. :)

Thanks for your opinion! :)

BTW, you make us feel good for not watching us like a hawk, lock or delete our post that doesn't go certain way to stir the market. Isn't this what America is all about? FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

To whom it may concern,

Last but not least, If i wish to sell it $1000 or $1500 and I think is fair...So be it! Same way if anyone out there wish to sell it $3000. Why start accusing w/ all kind of reasons. I have my reason selling it a certain price which i think is fair and make all parties happy.

Peace!

joe

...joseph - this can't possibly be a quote from the fibber.  he left-out all mention of 'vampires'...but then again, the 'aberition' of the word aberration, gives me food for thought...the rest of his schpeal is laughable...we should probably just blame the junior colleges of america in the forcing of econ101 as a requirement to all enrollment - then we wouldn't need to read the strategic forecasting from the lame brain of equipment flipping...

e

;)

LMAO! :lol:

I wonder if any of the junior college offer Crook 101? I missed that class :)

See, Joe, this is why we should have kept this transaction off line and private.

My oh my, what furor this has all caused "over there". Nothing better to polarize the "Tour Issue" community than a price war with the "Big" guy. He even invoked the name of God in one of his posts! Look out! I think we better leave the dude upstairs out of this one. Before He gets annoyed and wills that all tour clubs start producing nothing but 20 yard duck hooks.

It's kinda like when you've got a wild animal cornered. There should be a sign outside that reads: "Don't Tease the Gorilla" or...."Don't Threaten the Gorilla's Profits".... or something to that effect.

See, Joe, this is why we should have kept this transaction off line and private.

My oh my, what furor this has all caused "over there".  Nothing better to polarize the "Tour Issue" community than a price war with the "Big" guy. He even invoked the name of God in one of his posts! Look out! I think we better leave the dude upstairs out of this one. Before He gets annoyed and wills that all tour clubs start producing nothing but 20 yard duck hooks.

It's kinda like when you've got a wild animal cornered. There should be a sign outside that reads: "Don't Tease the Gorilla" or...."Don't Threated the Gorilla's Profits".... or something to that effect.

Yeah, you guys, really. How about... Please do not feed the Repo Man. Place the Quad down and step away from the table.

hey its your club. you can sell it for whatever you want to. There is no law on how much you have to sell a tour head.

hey its your club.  you can sell it for whatever you want to.  There is no law on how much you have to sell a tour head.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple and there is much more than meets the eye.

IMO the price is currently $1,400 shipped and paypalled. ( the going rate for one right now if you can find one)

In about 30 days it will be $1,000 (supply vs. demand)

At the end of August it will be $150.00 above the price of the TP until evreyone realizes that it is the same thing - unles the shaft is unique. Obviously with the weight system your not going to want a head that was weighted heavier with rat glue and for the most part I am sure that they will not be bending these open - unless you are Vijay.

My plan - Wait until September or December and get a TP R7 for like $500 on E bay. $80 more than what I paid for a 510TP :D

IMO the price is currently $1,400 shipped and paypalled. ( the going rate for one right now if you can find one)

In about 30 days it will be $1,000 (supply vs. demand)

At the end of August  it will be $150.00 above the price of the TP until evreyone realizes that it is the same thing - unles the shaft is unique.  Obviously with the weight system your not going to want a head that was weighted heavier with rat glue and for the most part I am sure that they will not be bending these open - unless you are Vijay.

My plan - Wait until September or December and get a TP R7 for like $500 on E bay. $80 more than what I paid for a 510TP :D

Damn you are good! :D

I can see that you have some educated realistic sense. :)

LMAO!