What is fair? Please LOOK!

joey3108

I made a promise that I wouldn't say anything mean about that other places management...

but I will say that its about F'ing time someone pulled the curtain back and revieled the real Oz.

It takes a very decent person not to fall into the trap and play along with the gouging. The trap works in that someone yells out a price and everyone falls inline b/c everyone looking to sell isn't going to complain about 500% profit margins.

My hat goes off to those able who were able to show that morality and capitalism can exist together.

I made a promise that I wouldn't say anything mean about that other places management...

but I will say that its about F'ing time someone pulled the curtain back and revieled the real Oz.

It takes a very decent person not to fall into the trap and play along with the gouging. The trap works in that someone yells out a price and everyone falls inline b/c everyone looking to sell isn't going to complain about 500% profit margins.

My hat goes off to those able who were able to show that morality and capitalism can exist together.

AMEN! :)

my take... it's not necessarily that HIS margins are 500% on these types of deals - in fact, i doubt his margins are particularly good at all. remember, he is one of the people propping up and hyping the tour 'market,' and he openly solicits backdoor suppliers. that means the people he's buying from by and large must know that their clubs are worth something and are probably either too lazy or fearful of exposure to sell them on their own. so todd offers them a 'service' to hype a high price and sell it on their behalf. or as i suspect might also be common, he 'promises' his supplier he can sell a club for $3000- but he has to give up a big chunk of that i'm sure. if he were making 500% on a club that he acquired as a result of the open solicitation in his signature, i think the supplier might be a bit miffed to be cut out of the deal. end of that supply chain!

now, on the other hand, he did acquire a bunch of r500 heads and tried to sell them for $200 more than the other closeout houses... but he also got caught in that act pretty quick. he also got exposed quickly when he tried to sell a club pro's sample set of 704.cbs as 'tour issued' but people's memories seem to be short.

i am by no means defending him, by the way - hell, no. he's pissed because he probably made an outrageous promise that he now can't deliver to his suppliers. i just don't think he's that smart a businessman to make that much money ;-) he's clearly demonstrated no understanding of market economics.

Your right 500% was pushing it... however the fact remains, no matter whos pockets are getting lined, the prices are drastically exagerated.

NO DOUBT. he's shady either way. i'm just surprised he didn't offer it at the low low price of $3000 (plus shipping and paypal fees) as a FAVOR to his beloved members, lol...

Unless the weights had diamonds on the end for decoration, no way I would get it...  would make great Bling Bling golf clubs!  They could break into the Honma market!
Even Honma at that level has a platinum emblem on it, but still i wouldn't touch it at that price.

In the United States we have an open market.  Anyone can sell a club for what ever they feel is a price.  If DM feels $1,300 is a fair price that is his business.

I dont think they are talking about DM, they are talking about the 3000.00 Super Tour Version.

BTW I will be deleting this thread in about 45min.

IMO the price is currently $1,400 shipped and paypalled. ( the going rate for one right now if you can find one)

In about 30 days it will be $1,000 (supply vs. demand)

At the end of August  it will be $150.00 above the price of the TP until evreyone realizes that it is the same thing - unles the shaft is unique.  Obviously with the weight system your not going to want a head that was weighted heavier with rat glue and for the most part I am sure that they will not be bending these open - unless you are Vijay.

My plan - Wait until September or December and get a TP R7 for like $500 on E bay. $80 more than what I paid for a 510TP :D

I'm with you AKFLY just waitin' for competition to do its thing...I see nothing wrong with asking for 3K to see if someone will pay that. It becomes more interesting when you expect everyone else to ask the same outrageous price and nobody listens. A good rant always brings competitors around to your way of thinking :roll: .

at least it's good for a few laughs...thanks for bringing back the slam dunk FAQ... :lol: :lol:

IMO the price is currently $1,400 shipped and paypalled. ( the going rate for one right now if you can find one)

In about 30 days it will be $1,000 (supply vs. demand)

At the end of August  it will be $150.00 above the price of the TP until evreyone realizes that it is the same thing - unles the shaft is unique.  Obviously with the weight system your not going to want a head that was weighted heavier with rat glue and for the most part I am sure that they will not be bending these open - unless you are Vijay.

My plan - Wait until September or December and get a TP R7 for like $500 on E bay. $80 more than what I paid for a 510TP :D

I'm with you AKFLY just waitin' for competition to do its thing...I see nothing wrong with asking for 3K to see if someone will pay that. It becomes more interesting when you expect everyone else to ask the same outrageous price and nobody listens. A good rant always brings competitors around to your way of thinking :roll: .

at least it's good for a few laughs...thanks for bringing back the slam dunk FAQ... :lol: :lol:

I figured it was a special occasion! :lol:

To me even $1300 is way to much for a single club . No way in hell would I pay $3000 the equivilant of a months pay , after the exchange rate of course for a club .

I could care less what type of club it is or if it was one of Tigers clubs .

I am with AKFLY on this one , I will wait to see what the TP version goes for up here in Canada and then maybe , just maybe if it is not in the $1000 range get one but I doubt it very much .

So what I would do then is maybe have a good friend from south of the border get one for me and when he is on a trip north mail it out to me .

That way I save money a lot of ways and have not lined the pockets of some one who is not doing his best to get me a simple soldier a good deal .