Photos Gauge Irons, Can't talk, Hit today, Took off plastic

FAQ

I have seen the future (at least my future)... It's called Gauge... They came in today. Played 'em, Can't talk, Dry throat, First time, talk later, trying to type, no air ... I'm waiting for someone to pinch me. Good God! I'm getting ready to testify. ...

:surprize: :surprize: :surprize: :gauge: :gauge: :gauge: :surprize: :surprize: :surprize:

I thought you guys might like to see these photos.

guageironsonblackback.jpg

guageironsonblackface.jpg

guageironsgrip.jpg

guageironssetupsingle.jpg

guageironsgripknob.jpg

guageironsback1.jpg

Is that good huh!??? :cool:

:surprize: :surprize: :surprize:

OH NO!! more reviews to make me wanna buy them!! You are not allowed to post ANY reviews !! :mad:

Erm do post pics though.... :whistle:

congrats on getting THE ONES !:cool:

C'mon Jim... don't hold out on us! This is exactly why I got my set before you got yours... if I waited for your review I would then have had to get on Chris' waiting list just to get them!

Seriously though, congrats on the clubs. I hit the 7 iron a little more last night, and it really is something. I still have the Zs in my bag for a round today, and will switch out this weekend. The Gauge is slightly longer from heel to toe, and provides a little more room for error. It also has a slightly thicker topline, but is very confidence-inspiring at address.

Hit 'em well good buddy!!

hmmm...

i guess we'll see quite a bit of tourstage in the bst soon then, huh?

Hah, I think I'll keep my Z101's for now. But, they are definitely in the backup role. Also, those new two toned grips that the Gauge have as an option are really excellent. Great feel with them.

Very nice looking! I'm sure a lengthy review is coming soon.

Let us know how those grips hold up. Our assistant pro tried out a dual textured grip like that (cord on top, rubber on bottom) and they fell apart within a month right at the seam of the two textures.

Very nice looking! I'm sure a lengthy review is coming soon.

Let us know how those grips hold up. Our assistant pro tried out a dual textured grip like that (cord on top, rubber on bottom) and they fell apart within a month right at the seam of the two textures.

Yikes, I'll let you know. If they are durable it's an excellent feel, that's for sure.

Ok, second day. More of the same... The hardest part I'm having is getting used to the length. I'm hitting these things at least a club longer. I'm not a monster hitter or anything either. I'm hitting over greens I used to land on when I hit it pure and accurate. I'm going to play tomorrow too. ... :love:

OK, second day. More of the same... The hardest part I'm having is getting used to the length. I'm hitting these things at least a club longer. I'm not a monster hitter or anything either. I'm hitting over greens I used to land on when I hit it pure and accurate. I'm going to play tomorrow too. ... :love:

I had the same problem, I was hitting my Irons one and a half clubs longer than the X-blade Cb's, These puppies are long and you will have to re adjust your yardage thinking. Where I would be hitting a 6 iron from I now hit an 8. I hit an 8 Iron w/Graphite 170 the other day :surprize:

I'm glad to see I am not the only one who mispels "Gauge" - I always accidentally type the u first too! I played what I thought would be my last round today w/ the Zs. Hit them better than ever. I guess they got wind the Gauge were in town and started finding greens. Great round today. Playing w/ just my dad (who never plays) shot 71 (par 72) in a scramble on a very difficult course. The Nakashima 380 / Aldila NV65 was superb today. Averaged about 275 with a long of 310 on a downhill Par 5. Never a distance guy... I am so happy I can finally go over 240 consistently. Can't wait to work the whole Gauge set this weekend. I'll catch you tomorrow Jim...

I'm glad to see I am not the only one who mispels "Gauge" - I always accidentally type the u first too!  I played what I thought would be my last round today w/ the Zs.  Hit them better than ever.  I guess they got wind the Gauge were in town and started finding greens.  Great round today.  Playing w/ just my dad (who never plays) shot 71 (par 72) in a scramble on a very difficult course.  The Nakashima 380 / Aldila NV65 was superb today.  Averaged about 275 with a long of 310 on a downhill Par 5.  Never a distance guy... I am so happy I can finally go over 240 consistently.  Can't wait to work the whole Gauge set this weekend.  I'll catch you tomorrow Jim...

Right thanks for the correction. I didn't even notice it. Dyslexic spaz bastard that I am. Congrats on the game! Talk to you...

OK, second day.  More of the same...  The hardest part I'm having is getting used to the length.  I'm hitting these things at least a club longer.  I'm not a monster hitter or anything either. I'm hitting over greens I used to land on when I hit it pure and accurate.  I'm going to play tomorrow too. ...   :love:

I had the same problem, I was hitting my Irons one and a half clubs longer than the X-blade Cb's, These puppies are long and you will have to re adjust your yardage thinking. Where I would be hitting a 6 iron from I now hit an 8. I hit an 8 Iron w/Graphite 170 the other day :surprize:

Chris - Thanks again for talking me out of my other choice of irons. How was the graphite in those? That would be an interesting try. The 6.0 kick very nice in these for me though.

My GD CB are in Fujikura 717 graphite shaft. 3-Pw, D3.

They are looooooooooong............ added 15 yards to all my yardage on irons, 8I was 140 and now easy 155. The long irons are unbelievably easy to hit.

I love these babies.

Shot 36 on a front 9 in hellish typhoon windy day with them too.

I am Happy!!!! :laugh:

http://netinn.udn.com/community/forum/arti...&tpno=0&no=1221

Its getting rave reviews from all across the world. FAQ you are a world famous club photographer now!!

That's too funny...amazing how fast things move these days..How strong are the lofts on these?

gaugespec.jpg

How much stronger are those lofts than Z101's?

Here's the Z specs with DG's installed.

Unit 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 PW

Loft (deg.) 17.5 20 23 27 31 35 39 43 47

Lie (deg.) 60 60.5 61 62 63 63.5 64 64.5 65

Length (inch) 39.25 38.75 38.25 37.75 37.25 36.75 36.25 35.75 35.25

Offset (mm) 3.5 3.5 3.5 2.5 2.5 2.5 1.5 1.5 1.5

Swingweight D3 D3 D3 D3 D3 D3 D3 D3 D3