Longest 3 Wood on the Market

Henry

Looking for feedback on the longest 3 wood with stock shaft you have ever hit or can recommend. PRGR Egg looks interesting and Chris said the 5 wood went as far as his existing 3 wood. Does that mean the 3 egg would go farther than any other 3 wood on the market with a stock shaft?

longest 3 wood bar none is the 2012 Adams XTD......i can carry the 14.5 deg about 260 with minimal swing speed......and the 18 (19 actual) carries 250. This is without wind or elevation ! These are almost as long off the deck as well, if the lie is normal fairway, i expect about 235 carry from the 18 and about 240 from the 3 wood .....the 3 wood has a hotter trajectory and will run while the 5 wood has a flat trajectory. its a favorite club of mine and i do play what best for my game....haha don't even get me started about my $30 wedges and $40 hybrid

Edited by robbie

Callaway X Hot, X2 Hot, and XR series are pretty long.

F2 Ryoma is almost like a driver

Original prgr egg 13deg. Spoon. Off the deck. Ryoma f2/next.

From a tee tour edge exotics maraging face..uterly useless from the deck tho.

Crazy f14 of a tee is consistently long prefer that to the TEE. Can hit that off the deck no worries.

New egg might be worth a peek.

Last urs one is prob .. Nah it is the best mix of everything but its a specific shape that may or may not suit.

Original Egg. Scarily long. Doesn't feel as powerful as my Proceed but definitely longer.

S-Yard XV 3 or 5.

There are a series of DAT55G faced 3 woods now on the market which are very long including the Zodia OZ Ti-FW.

I am selling the 3W because "It's too long!!" 250 yards carry and some more with roll...

This is mini driver territory. I am getting the same head in a 5 wood.

giving up the f3 for the MUCH easier to hit new egg 15*, which translates to consistently longer. ryoma was always high for me and off the deck was a little inconsistent depending on lie. rolling the stock shaft on the egg now but may swap my fav shaft, crazy fw80, into it after some more evaluation

Just fitted the crazy fw 80 into a iff 15 three wood head and bingo this is a perfect 3 wood for me, launches quite high but with a strong loop to the flight love the look of the classic 3 wood shape of the iff.

Should be in the bag for a while.

Also building another one with a diamana alilslei 73x to compare this shaft.

Edited by D22marshall

• 1 month later...

the GIII #3 is awesome - as long and strong as anything out there.

I'm thinking Egg HD..The longest with the strongest trajectory for me. Loved mine and for whatever crazy reason sold it, cheaply too, to a good friend of mine after he tried it..And started hitting flat bombs that went further than his driver with it. Can be had cheaply these days, a real 'dark horse' in the 3-wood segment. Get one with the Fubuki upgrade shaft fitted straight from the factory and you're good to go.

Edited by Vegaman

Callaway X Hot, X2 Hot, and XR series are pretty long.

RomaRo Tour... I have struggled for more than a year to find a driver being consistently longer than this without using too much force

put my Adams XTD 3 wood on the launch monitor and i was getting 144mph off the deck. Definitely the longest 3 wood i have tried to date, probably as long as some of my drivers !!! it was getting a 15.6 deg launch and 3400 spin

I carry a Tour Edge Exotics CB 1 3 wood, with a Bi-Matrix shaft. It is pure money for me from the tee and the fairway.

I carry a Tour Edge Exotics CB 1 3 wood, with a Bi-Matrix shaft. It is pure money for me from the tee and the fairway.

I have 2 of the bi-matrix shafts in fw's. Very good shaft.

• 2 months later...

There are a series of DAT55G faced 3 woods now on the market which are very long including the Zodia OZ Ti-FW.

I am selling the 3W because "It's too long!!" 250 yards carry and some more with roll...

This is mini driver territory. I am getting the same head in a 5 wood.

I have a ZODIA OZ 3W and a 5w. I havent hit the 5w yet on the course but the 3w is a cannon and easy off the deck. Its like a SONARtec dense feel and Exotics explosion off the face. I went with my gamer ALDILA TOUR GREEN 65 as that has been a money fw shaft for me.

Between the ZODIA OZ and Maruman shuttle , they are the best fws Ive hit.

Edited by driverhead

I have a Tour Edge Exotics CB2 with a Matrix f7m2 LTD and that thing is crazy long. Contemplate selling it as it is almost as long as my driver and a lot longer than my hybrid. It is nice hitting a low draw from 260 on longer par 5's though.