SEVEN X SHINAGAWA BLADE!

Thank's that i don't have the level to play that,there gorgeous :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful, Gorgeous, Sexy design! Best looking irons so far with Black Mirror finish. Love it! Mid size CB would be the way to go. Looking forward...

• 2 weeks later...

I would also love to know, Chris, which would be more forgiving and longer between the Shinagawa and MB Red irons please?

I would also love to know, Chris, which would be more forgiving and longer between the Shinagawa and MB Red irons please?

The Red's are more forgiving, softer all over the face yet doesn't feel as good center and the Red2 is longer due to stronger lofts.

My gamers for almost a year have been the SEVEN X Shinagawa's It's the better shape, look, feel in center and it acts as a true players blade I also prefer it's manufacturing over the RED2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Beautiful, Gorgeous, Sexy design! Best looking irons so far with Black Mirror finish. Love it! Mid size CB would be the way to go. Looking forward...

When you say midsize do you mean similar size as the ONOFF Kuro'? the 16 CB was designed to compete directly with the Kuro's.

DSC01368-Edit.jpg

DSC01342-Edit-Edit.jpg

DSC00884-Edit.jpg

• 1 month later...

I got to play the MB blades on saturday.

shafts were not quite right for me , close but just a bit whippy , I wasn't really expecting them to be spot on.

but it was the heads I was after.

well, they are pretty damn tasty.

fantastic looking heads.

small and compactwith a mid think top line to my eye, for everyoneelse its thin but im a freak, makes for a very nice look at address esp. when the grass is thicker they frame the ball superbly.

the PW is a joy to look at, looks like it belongs, a lot of MB heads struggle with a pw that fits but the PW fits perfectly in the set.

thesearnt ,my usual minisucule ultra thin miuraism, honma, srixon prot 100 kinda blades, they are a friendly looking type, not as big as the srixon 945s, somewhere in between.

very friendly set of blades that are deadly accurate . the loner irons In these are a joy to hit!!!!

the scoring irons whilst not as tight as the micro blades I have , I found I was easily forgiving bec the longer irons are so much nicer to hit , easier to hit!

launched very high and landed super soft , im not sure of loft on them I think pw was 47 maybe 48 but they seem to be very traditional, I was 1 club higher with them so I took 1 more loft and it was attack that pin!

I think they are best on slightly richer japan grass, they really shined in the first cut where the grass was an inch longer, really good for compressing and out of rough they excelled , simply excelled., bit more meatier top line helps with confidence than a micor thin top line.

yup id game these in a heart beat. well played to the (re) design team. they aced these things.

chiro I think u wud be all over these.

im gonna re shaft them and give em a whirl with my NS steels in em.

bring the flight down slightly and tighten em up, for midsummer here these wil be terrrrrrrrrrrifico

I've been wanting to try them since I saw the prototype photos last year! I can't wait to hear your thoughts with a shaft you like! I sure hope the other Seven MBs get finished soon!!

thinking maybe the SYB protos from shimada.. or the Ns 125s.

the 125s are working so well In MB heads.

p.

these sound like they would be really good-feeling irons. Wonder how the feel might compare to say the limited edition Honma BM or even the softest Yamaha blade or others that people rave about.....

Trying to get standard loft specs on these Shinagawa Blades.

Anyone have this information? Chris?

Being a Limited Edition addict, these irons very much appeal to me.

The Lofts are 21 24 27 30 34 38 42 47

Soft Black is very durable, many members have it maybe they can chime in as well.

Thanks Chris,

What was it about the NiCr Satin again on this one that was made to enhance feel?

there aint no soft Yamaha clubs.

Yamaha are not soft , Yamaha are compreseed dense, like tourstage,

these are like prgr

Stunning looking indeed!

• 9 months later...

Got my 4-PW heads last week!!    Standard Nickel Satin Finish w/ Cu underlay.   

Good Lord, these are even better looking in the flesh!     I always wanted to get a set of old Spaldings Top Flites ... but never did since I knew it wouldn't be forgiving enough for me to bag them.    These Shinagawas look very playable!!  I just love the concept of these Neo Classic Muscle backs!!     

I assembled them with Monaco Stiffs soft stepped once and Gripped them with my new "go to" grips , GP MCC+4 in gray. 

Have not had the chance to take them out on the range yet but just bouncing balls off the face,  I can already tell these irons will feel very soft!! 

Can't wait to hit them!!