Face balanced, or nearly face balanced blade putters?

Elven

Greetings,

Does anyone know of any face balanced, or nearly face balanced Japanese and/or non American blade putters? It doesn't seem like there's many of them out there.

I have an older face balanced Hiro Matsumoto MR-02. Wouldn't mind picking up another one actually, but I have no clue where I'd find one.

Thanks

ur best best are the long necks   or  centre shafts  like such..

20210528_132838.jpg

Edited by supo

22 hours ago, Elven said:

Greetings,

Does anyone know of any face balanced, or nearly face balanced Japanese and/or non American blade putters? It doesn't seem like there's many of them out there.

I have an older face balanced Hiro Matsumoto MR-02. Wouldn't mind picking up another one actually, but I have no clue where I'd find one.

Thanks

Benock and Seven Putters both have face balanced putters. Also Supo will set u straight

That Zen picture balancing like that indicates the location of the CG of the head is at the center of the face. 

face balanced putters will direct the face upwards when you have it shafted and let the putter sit freely somewhere on the shaft.

the odyssey on the right is face balanced.   the Zen would likely be similar to the one on the left.   

Plumbers neck are in general would be similar to the one in the middle but when you have a long plumbers neck,  they can be made to be face balanced. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 7.44.10 AM.png

With blades,  center shafted or long plumbers neck are your best bet as Supo says.   I have an older Anser 5 Milled in my bag I keep at my in-laws in Japan.  This one is face balanced. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 7.50.08 AM.png

14 hours ago, nobmontana said:

That Zen picture balancing like that indicates the location of the CG of the head is at the center of the face. 

face balanced putters will direct the face upwards when you have it shafted and let the putter sit freely somewhere on the shaft.

the odyssey on the right is face balanced.   the Zen would likely be similar to the one on the left.   

Plumbers neck are in general would be similar to the one in the middle but when you have a long plumbers neck,  they can be made to be face balanced. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 7.44.10 AM.png

With blades,  center shafted or long plumbers neck are your best bet as Supo says.   I have an older Anser 5 Milled in my bag I keep at my in-laws in Japan.  This one is face balanced. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 7.50.08 AM.png

I was aware of face balance nob, I dont think I said face balanced!......I think, dont think you can get a face balance blade putter which was the question, I think.?

Face balance is a point when you can balance the putter on your finger and the face will point up and stay balance almost completely level, actually looking like it defying gravity. 

I had one, I named it Saint Germain..! master of time and alchemy...haha...its actually Hiro half mallet MS 02 I sold on the bay recently.

But if you are looking for one of the best balanced blade putters you can get its the Zen, when you use one you will understand the meaning of a well balance blade!

mat7.jpg

mat4.jpg

mat6.jpg

Edited by hutchy

Ok.   yeah,  I had the Zen a few times …. Just did not work for my stroke.  I wish I could play a Zen…  it felt so dreamy soft! 

Also, Anser type putters are considered “bladed” putters too.   

The Kronos Release, not JDM though, is really close to face balanced. 

• 2 years later...

As a fellow golf aficionado, I stumbled upon this fantastic post about face-balanced blade putters that's truly a game-changer. From a thorough breakdown of options to transparent pros and cons, this article equips both seasoned golfers and newcomers with valuable insights. For further exploration and actionable tips, it's a must-read. Check it out here: Face-Balanced Blade Putters Guide and elevate your putting game today. Happy reading and even happier putting!

• 4 weeks later...

Recently made a visit to Club Champion for a putter fitting and I ended up ordering a L.A.B. Golf Mezz Max putter.   L.A.B. Golf specializes in zero torque putters and their line up includes a blade putter as well.    Their mallets, "Mezz" line of putters have been tearing up the greens on tour recently between Adam Scott and Lucas Glover.     Though they use broomsticks, I opted for a standard style.   Leadtime is 2 months now with these putters, so In the mean time I installed one of their presse grips in my Benock putter and getting interesting results.    More forward press without being deliberate.    https://labgolf.com/shop/all-products/press-pistol/    

those grips any different to the wrist lok form   super stoke ?

i  have a few of these on a  the meoment but  cant find the correct postion to lok the wrist, im hitting it wel with the bigger grip , def takes more fingers out of play  but cant get the wrist, i  think u need to adjust the length of the putter    and the agnle of attack  of the  putter head to engage it.

these a re  not  o cheap so im not that keen   to  start chopping of  length to see it fail.

i do like thefact u can find thee balance point of the putter  really easily with this  size grip 

Edited by supo

On 9/3/2023 at 5:01 PM, supo said:

those grips any different to the wrist lok form   super stoke ?

i  have a few of these on a  the meoment but  cant find the correct postion to lok the wrist, im hitting it wel with the bigger grip , def takes more fingers out of play  but cant get the wrist, i  think u need to adjust the length of the putter    and the agnle of attack  of the  putter head to engage it.

these a re  not  o cheap so im not that keen   to  start chopping of  length to see it fail.

i do like thefact u can find thee balance point of the putter  really easily with this  size grip 

I think size wise,  the Lab Golf Pistols  are right in between the Super Stroke Pistol GT 1.0 and 2.0 .  

The wrist lock from Super Stroke are installed on to the shaft in a straight manner where as LAB golf grip I have are installed at 2 deg diagonally.

Looks weird at address where the shaft angle is already tilted forward, but I have gotten used to it.   The other thing I like about these LAB Golf pistol grip is that they only weigh 58g.   I have not yet come across other similarly sized pistol grips in this light of a weight range.  Most are in the 80g range or heavier. 

yea,  wrist lok makes the head almsot dissapear  weight wise, the balance changes enormounlsy ,  not good nor bad , just a thing  u need to play with.  75g and 3 inchs longer   makes  a really big swing weight change.

• 1 month later...

I just ended up with one of LAB Golf’s blade putters. While not “face balanced”, it is an extremely well balanced putter when in play. My stroke has noticeable arc so face balanced putters flat out won’t work for me.

I was fooling around with a few of LAB’s putters and complained about their designs not offering anything in carbon steel. Sam ended up contacting me and offered me one of their original carbon steel prototypes. I had them leave it in raw steel with no paintfill with an Accra shaft and a leather GripMaster. It’s slightly larger than the average Answer style blade but lighter than the putters I’m used to. Even so, it has a better feel than the stainless steel blades I’ve owned (even the Betti with the copper insert) with almost a heavily muted ring at impact. I’m not sure what’s responsible for the sound but it’s quite unique.

My putting stroke is pretty well dialed in so I don’t think it’s good enough to knock the Zen out of my bag but I can most certainly see this putter making someone who hasn’t found their putting stoke or who is going through the yips a better putter. Just lighten up your grip and basically let the putter stroke itself.

On 5/30/2021 at 11:48 AM, nobmontana said:

Ok.   yeah,  I had the Zen a few times …. Just did not work for my stroke.  I wish I could play a Zen…  it felt so dreamy soft! 

same here  ,  3 or 4 times. like all those  L  shaped putter , i  have an addiction to buying them and always putting horribly with them. 
pendulum swings do NOT  like 6oclock toe hangs.
the odyssey 2 ball is a match made in heaven for those  same as  long necks. very dreamy  match