Bridgestone Science Eye Portable

Duffer19

This could be a cool gadget for the winter months.

post-8082-1191422045.jpg

g0904_sep_im_02.jpg

g0904_sep_im_03.jpg

g0904_sep_im_04.jpg

g0904_sep_im_05.jpg

g0904_sep_im_06.jpg

http://www.bs-sports.co.jp/press/2007/g090.../g0904_sep.html

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just the MSRP. Actual retail could be $99.95. :atsg_smilie_roll:

I'll take one too.

Yes, this is a good device for TSG'ers and clubho's as you just stick tape on your club head and it measures all the data

i want one!!

TSG supply these please- jsut looked at link and it looks soooooooo cool! loving the computer link up etc - I hit lots of balls into a net so would be brilliant!

I'm also very interested in one.

Interested as well..

But surely we will need to trouble Gocchin to translate the owners manual.

Or write a short manual on how to use this thing...

What about the laptop hook up for $40??? what is that??

I want one.

Let me know guys I can getum.

Damn that looks awesome! Thanks R for pointing that out. PRGR had one similar to that a long time ago but it basically just gave head speed.

It is available as of late Septmember.

Key features:

- Club head speed/swingspeed

- distance (carry + run)

- club head path - 3 measurements, straight, inside out, outside in!!

- retains data for 100 shots (nice range session!!)

- works for lefty's!

- personal computer software/usb connector to analyze your shots and data is available at an extra cost (no price listed)

Man it really is a $ 100 launch monitor!! You pretty much attach the measurement magnet to the toe of your club. It can also be attached to irons and putters!

Based on the measurements it calculates carry and run! Rounds to the nearest yard. For putter measurements it measures to the nearest 0.1 yards.

I gotta get one too!

Damn that looks awesome! Thanks R for pointing that out. PRGR had one similar to that a long time ago but it basically just gave head speed.

It is available as of late Septmember.

Key features:

- Club head speed/swingspeed

- Initial ball speed

- launch angle

- backspin

- distance

- club head path - 3 measurements, straight, inside out, outside in!!

- retains data for 100 shots (nice range session!!)

- works for lefty's!

- personal computer software/usb connector to analyze your shots and data is available at an extra cost (no price listed)

Man it really is a $ 100 launch monitor!! You pretty much attach the measurement magnet to the toe of your club. It can also be attached to irons and putters!

Based on the measurements it calculates carry and run! Rounds to the nearest yard. For putter measurements it measures to the nearest 0.1 yards.

I gotta get one too!

That looks great, but are you sure it really does all that. From trying to translate the website, it seems like it measures clubhead speed and path (straight, inside, outside), and estimates distance. I don't think it measures lauch angle and spin. But still, for ~$100 I want one. :atsg_smilie_roll:

That looks great, but are you sure it really does all that. From trying to translate the website, it seems like it measures clubhead speed and path (straight, inside, outside), and estimates distance. I don't think it measures lauch angle and spin. But still, for ~$100 I want one. :atsg_smilie_roll:

You are correct dkats, in my excitement I skimmed the article and read that those are key points in measuring a users swing and assumed that the science eye measures those other items... I just read it more carefully and will correct my post... those features would indeed be too good to be true!! (^_^)

Even the TS pros are trying it out!

bslaunch.jpg

Check the website again.. I think the machine goes for 10000JPY and the software/properitary USB cable goes for 4000JPY..

The combo should be under $150USD...

Definitely a fun toy to have at the driving range..

Go home and analyze your shots.. and get average swingspeeds for irons, drivers and wedges...

Sounds like a useful tool to work on your swing..

Gocchin, add it to the pro shop asap!!!!

pro-supportcar has had a bunch of the pro's # up since the summer. both JLPGA and JPGA tourstage staffers. seems like most of them really get a kick out of the device.

Check the website again.. I think the machine goes for 10000JPY and the software/properitary USB cable goes for 4000JPY..

The combo should be under $150USD...

Definitely a fun toy to have at the driving range..

Go home and analyze your shots.. and get average swingspeeds for irons, drivers and wedges...

Sounds like a useful tool to work on your swing..

Gocchin, add it to the pro shop asap!!!!

Done it's now in the proshop!

Done it's now in the proshop!

that was quick!

i want one as well been spending a lot of time in the range would be a treat to get actual feedback on how im swinging on a partiuclar day of the week etc.

that was quick!

i want one as well been spending a lot of time in the range would be a treat to get actual feedback on how im swinging on a partiuclar day of the week etc.

It's worth getting I think, if anything just for fun. Anyone who likes gadgets should get one. I know Chris and I both are. (^_^)

It's worth getting I think, if anything just for fun. Anyone who likes gadgets should get one. I know Chris and I both are. (^_^)

il wait for a couple of guys to give feedback before i decide to unload. anyway il most likely shell out on a decent rangefinder before getting this one.

I'm about to grab one of these, but I'm a little concerned about how the magnetic sensor attached to the club....

I assume you have to 'stick' the sensor to the club---what happens when you want to remove it? Will it stick to another club or is that it? When you go through the 5 sensors, is that it?

Does the Japanese portion of the ad address any this?

Otherwise, I gotta have one.