2008 Black TourStage 445cc Driver w/ PICS!

TourSpecGolfer

Chris,

Any idea how these shafts play in regards to stiffness?

Yes sir I had a chance to take it for a whirl with the MX and the EMB yesterday. This shaft is semi soft for a stock stiff yet it required me to step on the peddle to get straight and accurate shots. It's my personal profile but I get best results from higher launching more forgiving club heads. This new XD had a very tight dispersion, distance was a little less for me than the ViQ and EMB. I also had to do something faster than my normal slower paced speed.

We have to remember that the profile of this shaft is for the hard swinger with a quicker more aggressive release. I bet C, you'd do better with an SR as what you were hitting was the stiff, good up to 110mph

wish we had a comparison of this Tourstage driver versus the 2008 Onoff black driver... has the 2008 onoff black driver found any users on the JPGA

The shaft is mid-high bend, so I would agree that it is generally suited to someone with a fairly quick tempo or transition (not me). It seems like a nice club though.

Ajaykkr, I would love to do a comparo soon, but the stock shafts have somewhat different profiles, something to keep in mind when reading stock to stock comparisons. As for the new OnOFF Plus on the JPGA, T, any news?

I really like the shaft in stiff (10.5 loft head), but do I have a pretty quick transition and am more a hitter than a swinger. This driver is firmly in my bag, at least until I have a chance to try the EMB.

Randy

Is the top of head all black? The pics show a deep maroon hue...like the TM CGB. thx

Not black at all... see the thread here http://forum.tourspecgolf.com/index.php?showtopic=25982

page two has more views from the top.... (^_^)

Chris,

Have you tried the X drive GR & if so, how it's compared to this driver?

Tks,

master

Great looing shape im not sure about the red crown, I guess it something you would have to see in person. good pics

the crown is a red weave and looks good in person. I would have bought one down here but the thing is too closed face for my liking.

D, maybe it was just the one you saw? The 445cc is supposed to be square according to TS.

D, maybe it was just the one you saw? The 445cc is supposed to be square according to TS.

I have both the 9.5* and the 10.5*. Neither of them look anything like being closed-faced. Put the face flush against a wall by an opening or clearing next to the door. Then you can tell whether the face is closed or not by checking out where the shaft is pointing.

Sorry if I missed it, but are there any reviews of the 445 yet? Can a mid handicapper use this easier than the current versions 430/460 versions of the X-Drive?

Randy posted a good one here:

http://forum.tourspecgolf.com/t26421.html

• 4 months later...

Any more recent reviews experiences of the 445 Black? Is it staying in everyones bag?

About to get one but not sure of the Diamana shafts Ive always played heavier shafts so not sure if I'll take to this lighter one. Do I really need to replace my XD 460???

the 445 is my main driver next to the epon ZR 9.5 and X-Drive GR 10.5 (both had Oziks).

What I find on the 445 is a good balance of everything and the shaft combo is a good balance also.

The club seems like it has a good weight to it without the shaft being too stout.

The shaft doesn't look as nice as a IP diamana or an Ozik, but it provides very good performance with this head.

I'm not one to argue with the engineers at Tourstage/Diamana, I don't think they've spared any expense on their designs.

Not the most forgiving driver but it feels, sounds, and looks so sweet. you do need to be a little more aggressive with your swing which I prefer for a driver. When I'm aggressive on the Epon or GR, it spins too much, with the 445, it gives me a nice mini fade with a good trajectory. I hit this club as long if not longer than the other two. I've posted some launch numbers on this forum somewhere. The low heel hits are killers for me, the toe hits are ok, gives me a nice draw with shorter distance.

I'm a midcapper mostly from my lack of a short game and my swing speed is about 92-96mph.

You'll need to get one and try it out for yourself, you won't be able to justify with the opinions on these forums.

I haven't heard any negatives except that this club was made for lowercappers with a recommended swingspeed of 100mph. I think with a 10.5 and 95mph, you would be ok.

The 445 I had has been replaced by X-drive GR. Went for a little more forgiveness. However, when hit flush IMHO the 445 is longer. I may go back to a 445 again if my swing gets a little better where I can hit most shots flush.

Jack hit the nail on the head. Excellent review on this club. I have a smooth swing, at least that's what i use as a mental image, and found that you really have to do a full swing to get rewarded with this driver.

To me, a "full" swing doesn't necessarily mean fast but more of a full shoulder turn and follow through. Fortunately, I have the flexibility to extend and follow through all the way. If I just keep that mental image, this driver with the stock stiff shaft performs very well.

Thanks guys looks like Im gonna have to get one. Will post a review when I do.