Basileus AAA TT1100G 80T Limited Edition Shaft

I've got eight rounds under my belt with this shaft, and it's legit.

Toray is a prepreg supplier who has created a material called TT1100G which you are starting to see being used in more and more shafts like the MUSO AP & NSPro Formula MB as it's a very stable material that is affordable with excellent feel. Brands that are using this I notice like to create shafts that play slightly softer and its working very well for them.

This material doesn't have as boardy of a feel as traditional 80T, it's also not as heavy so making a 50 gram range shaft using TT1100G isn't a problem anymore the best part is I had 2 shafts to try a 60 Stiff and a 50 Regular both which I inserted into a Jbeam Black Out 435 10* 200g head, the 60 Stiff felt great I could sense the kick and it was smooth with this head combined with my swing it was mid trajectory a little lower than I wanted but dead straight and loooong. So I was expecting to keep it but still heard a little voice in my head saying "put it in the ryoma special tune" so that's where it went and I think it's the perfect club, not as straight as the Jbeam but it totally stablized the Maxima and with it's high launch it was longer than the Black Out by a few.

So with the black out benched for a couple of rounds I figured what they heck let's slap the 50g R flex in it and much to my surprise it held up, normally I would be right and over power a 50G R flex especially Basileus which IMO play softer with more feel but I suspect this material kept it in check because the kick was even more apparent and strong and with the blackout this thing was just perfect! My 7D's are not here yet but based on results and a lot of time I don't see how anything can knock this out of the bag but maybe I will be in another thread a month from now saying how the 7D is longer?? I really don't care at the moment because the Black 435 w/AAA is smooth, hard kicking, still straight, mid/high launch and with this head has very little spin. The distance is longer than the non-conforming 60 Stiff Maxima Combo, which is an insanely great rig.

So I've got two drivers with the same shaft in different specs that I won't let go of. I give props to Trias, the owner and maker of Basileus and Torray for creating TT1100G. It intrigues me so much I've got the MUSO and Formula MB on the way to see how those with the same material stack up, not sure as design is very important and especially how well that design pairs with the players swing. I'm a happy camper now with my blackout and my maxima.

post-18-0-71788000-1429581025_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-22386900-1429581043_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-23674000-1429581063_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-10695300-1429581074_thumb.jpg

post-18-0-65671500-1429581083_thumb.jpg

Sounds like the real deal, looks great and imagine it looks good in the V ST as is black and gold.

Would also look great in the new zero.

Great review.

that's awesome, Chris! love it when builds get spot on performance you expect from the technology, but me thinks the tinker in you will either break up perfectly good builds or have a surplus of 435 black/maxima st heads haha

Can't wait for you to review it versus the Muso and MB shaft. I've the MB at the moment and absolutely love it

hey Chris, whats your SS and tempo? Hard to imagine that combo working as 50 odd grams sounds very light. Unless you are 90 lbs and 5 ft tall, which i think you are not!

sounds like an awesome shaft though this one

My AAA headlessly waiting for its soulmate to arrive.:)

A couple of Regio Formula MBs on their way as well.

Other shafts that use Toray T1100G are Honma ARMRQ8, Fujikura Speeder Evolution, Quadra FEx RB .

Quickly becoming very popular material used in high end shafts, it seems.

Wondering how Seven Dreamers would compare against AAA '15.

If the Formula MB even comes close to AAA in terms of stability and feel against the AAA,

it has to be one of the best bang for buck you can spend on shafts at the moment.

haven't been this excited about new shafts in a while!

Oh man I cannot wait for this!!! Have you hit the Rogue Tour 125 MSI. I need to know which shaft to purchase next! Thanks.

My AAA headlessly waiting for its soulmate to arrive.:)
A couple of Regio Formula MBs on their way as well.

Other shafts that use Toray T1100G are Honma ARMRQ8, Fujikura Speeder Evolution, Quadra FEx RB .
Quickly becoming very popular material used in high end shafts, it seems.

Wondering how Seven Dreamers would compare against AAA '15.
If the Formula MB even comes close to AAA in terms of stability and feel against the AAA,
it has to be one of the best bang for buck you can spend on shafts at the moment.

haven't been this excited about new shafts in a while!

hang on a tic...

i hit the ARMQ shaft 2or even 3 years ago at the golf show,

it wasa fantastic stock shaft!!!!

why wasnt this spoken on back then, of since ,

bec its not an after market one ????

I'll look forward to your comparison with the 7D in the Blackout as well, Chris.

hang on a tic...

i hit the ARMQ shaft 2or even 3 years ago at the golf show,

it wasa fantastic stock shaft!!!!

why wasnt this spoken on back then, of since ,

bec its not an after market one ????

Might be a newer version of their ARMRQ

Looks to be specific to the ARMRQ8 for Beres series ...Their shaft series is kinda hard to follow ....

http://www.honmagolf.co.jp/en/item/armrq/

Oh man I cannot wait for this!!! Have you hit the Rogue Tour 125 MSI. I need to know which shaft to purchase next! Thanks.

I have not tried the Rogue yet .... but everyone around me who is using the 110msi or even the 90msi versions rave about the Rogue.

I play frequently with the 3 time State Senior Champ and he was using a 905R with a YS-6 shaft for a long time until he tried the

915 D2 with the stock Rogue over the winter. Seriously, I have never seen anyone hit driver so consistently and so straight.

He is 20 yrs older than me and his distance is very similar to when I flush my AF153/Stinger combo. ( i.e. I need a better driver!! )

I know the distance is partly due to the 915 head but his ball is so straight he is not losing much distance from side spin and that I think is because of the shaft. Anyway, long story short, Rogue is definitely in my short list of other shafts to try.

Hi Nobs

What is the intended sole mate for the AAA, must be something special.

Waiting on a Modart MA01DS!

I thought about waiting for the new Zero ... but knowing that it is a much more demanding head,

I decided to give the Modart a try hearing how great the feel is.

I also read a Japanese blog where someone mid-am level player did this combo and are getting unbelievable results hitting fairways.

I understand its probably the Indian and not the arrow , but I thought I would give it a shot.

Plus, with this head I can then do a direct comparison of the AAA vs another shaft. ( still deciding on what shaft to compare against. )

Great, sounds like it will be a top dog combo for sure.

Cant wait to hearing the results.

From what I have read both separate elements are unbelievable.

While it played well on course I made the mistake of putting it on track man to realize I was losing distance with too much spin 3000rpm, so I'm now testing ZY-11 with 60 Stiff and will check spin next week on the LM.

Just got the Rogue 125 MSI 60g. Beautiful shaft, comes with an imprint & cert. This thing doesnt want to go left - easily 10-15 yards better roll vs my diamana X60s, and i love my diamana X. I have it in my 915 D3 head, so swapping shafts around. This rouge is super stable, lots of confidence just setting up

Heads and shafts supposed to be arriving tomorrow.

Hoping to do a comparo of AAA vs Regio MB over the weekend.

Heads and shafts supposed to be arriving tomorrow.

Hoping to do a comparo of AAA vs Regio MB over the weekend.

Yeah, it would indeed be interesting to compare the two shafts since one is 6 times the cost of the other.

So I got my Regio MB shafts and 2 Modart heads.

MA01D 9.5 and MA01DS 10.5

- Regio MB 65 Stiff went into the MA01D 9.5*

- AAA 2015 70 Stiff went into the MA01DS 10.5*

No launch monitor , so I will try to describe what I observed and felt about the ball flights.

First off about the heads, MA01D is 435cc and MA01DS is 440cc .

What amazed me was how forgiving these heads were considering their size.

I think Modart did a great job in packing forgiveness in such compact head.

I understand that the D and DS use different face material. 6-4 Ti on the D and SP700 on the DS.

There is a subtle difference in sound at impact. D gives a more soft metallic sound that has some harmonic tone with a mix of frequencies SP700 has a more monotone short and slightly higher pitch sound at impact.

Both are great feeling and I don't think there is a difference in feel when you strike the all in the middle.

DS may feel a bit more milder possibly due to the sound difference. I really liked them both.

Paint is different from the D and DS. D is shiny black which screams traditional and DS is matt black.

I remember watching one of Mark Crossfields videos reviewing the Ping Anser driver vs I20 vs G25.

I think he called them the "Black Knight" as they reminded him of "Bat Man"

Well, looking at the DS with matt black finish, satin black face with no score lines painted, together with the AAA2015 in Matt Black.

This is the real "Black Knight" of drivers I thought! :) Sickest lookng driver ever!

Now for the shafts. Several shots with the D/ Regio combo.... Wow is this really a 9.5* ?

Ball is going pretty high... Mind you that this is my first time with any Modart driver so I am not sure if this is normal ....

I just thought it goes higher than what I am used to. Could possibly be the shaft. I might need to tip it.

Also noticed most shots were fading a bit. Nothing major but perhaps this head is a bit fade biased, I thought.

Overall distance is out there. The higher launch may have taken away roll when landing.

Moving on ..Next driver... AAA with DS 10.5* ..... The moment I have been waiting for!

A bit worried about the loft since I normally use 9.5*.

Couple of shots right in the middle of the face. Great feel off the face a bit more pop off the face I thought.

Flight is actually a tad lower than the D 9.5* but still higher than what I am used to which leads me to believe using this shaft in DS 9.5* might be a better fit for me. The AAA shaft feels more in control and stable yet smooth.

And what do you know... no fades on this one. I am hitting it straight. I suspect the removable hosel design of the DS head put more heel weight and is more neutral biased compared to the D.

The difference is kinda like riding a Ducati 900 Supersport with the stock Showa rear shocks vs Ohlins rear shocks.

The level of refinement is noticeable with the AAA. Not that the Regio MB is bad.... It needs to be tweaked a bit to bring the flight down and to stabilize the tip. Tipping it 0.5" should do the trick. As for the feel and overall performance of the Regio MB. I still think they are a bargain worth checking out.

So there you have it. After my session today, I am thinking I need a 9.5 DS head to pair with the AAA .

Overall, I was very impressed with the Modart heads, but I may be better off with something a bit more forgiving in the same league as Epon AF-153. Gonna use the Regio MB tipped in my back up MP650 driver. I think it would work great in that head!

To summarize my rating for the heads and shafts.

MA01D head: 8/10 ... only because the fade bias might be a problem for me.

Would be great if you are a natural draw hitter.

MA01DS head: 9/10 ...could use a bit more forgiveness and I need a lower loft.

Matt black was a great choice for this head!

Regio Formula MB 65 S: 7.5/10 ... tipping it will make it 8.5/10 for me so this is only based on my personal setting.

this 65S feels more of a distance shaft. Gonna try the 75S in a 3 wood. Pretty sure the

character will be slightly different.

Basileus AAA 2015 70 S: 10/10 .. . The best feeling shaft I have ever used.. period!

Great balance of kick and control.

The 70 S is probably meant to be more of a control shaft I think.

50g and 60g I suspect are more distance oriented.

Edited by nobmontana

Nice review nobs, that AAA shaft sounds like a keeper.

Sounds like you gana have a lot of fun trying it in some different heads ;)

Keen to hear how it goes in the 9.5, still 8/10 for the Reggie is a good rap for a more cost effective choice and could be better in a different head with a bit tweaking. Also look to hear how that goes buddy.

Happy days..!

I am telling you, AAA 2015 is here to stay. You all should get one while you can.

I am sure they'll come up with another limited edition next year with some other "enhancements"

Regio is really a great cost effective solution if you don't want to spend a bunch for your shafts.

I mean, it uses 80T 90T and 1100G !! most shafts with that stuff typically nears $1000

Will update once I have the tipped Regio installed in my Mizzie.

Hi Nob,

at which position do you install the spines of MB and AAA (or are the shafts floed)?

I just do logo down. I have never felt the difference of spines in my clubs.

On the Regio, I do see a line added with a marker at the butt section and the logo aligns with it.

I am assuming they have done some simple spine alignment before putting the paint and logo on.