ACCRA SYNC putter shaft.

nobmontana

Since Shimada seems to have stopped producing their 120g stepless putter shafts, I've been hunting around for other shafts to try. Lately I'm going between my Benock Blue Dragon II blade and Honma P303 mallet.   While I generally putt better with the Benock, I just can't convince myself to move completely away from the Honma mallet which gives me more sense of security over a putt.   One issue with the Honma is that it has a 370g head and the overall putter weight was close to 560g which just felt a bit too heavy to me.  Unfortunately, the weight is not adjustable and so I wanted to try a super light shaft to reduce the overall putter weight to about 520g where my other putters sit.  Couple of weeks ago, I found this new graphite shaft offering from ACCRA called SYNC and it came in 135g and 85g models.  It looked cool too with the see thru carbon weave pattern!!  looks on shaft matters too, you know. 🙂    Anyway,  I got the shaft yesterday and so I replaced the 120g steel shaft to this new ACCRA shaft and I think the putter feels a lot more "familiar."  putter weight is now down to 523g..      If I recall,  the original Odyssey Stroke Lab series introduced in Japan in 2014 had gone this route in using super light steel shaft at about 80g and used a heavier head (365g or so)  and a 80g grip to theoretically promote better tempo.    the current Stroke Lab shafts are lighter at 70g.   Provided that so many tour players use the Stroke Lab shafted putters, perhaps there is something to be said about light weight shafts in putters.  I am thinking I am doing something similar with this new shaft.   Anyway,   so far so good on the carpet.  Less effort with the takeaway and the overall stroke feels more like a natural pendulum swing.  

Obviously I'll have to try this on the course to see if it actually works well on grass.      Will report back once I have results!!

IMG_1452.jpgIMG_1450.jpgIMG_1453.jpg

Edited by nobmontana

Stick with what you putt better with.

ah.. yes, this  rings a bell with me.
ive reshafted about 10 -15  of my putters this seaon. its such a simple thing to do. 
i bought a bunch of shimada stepless( a while back  , love those  shafts , there nothing  super " special " about them except they look awsome with the one peice tubing and give the impact a taught  feel.  i esp like  them in deep  milled faces. with a red iomic  absolute X on it.  my fave NS purples  had sold out  or what was left had jumped so high in price i didnt bother anymore 

so, for super light im not  being funny but the old   mamiya frequency filter shafts are  STILL  as good  as anything for magnifing the head  impact thru    the swing.  from memory they come  in about  110g , maybe less 

bunch of yrs back i had most of my putter with these shafts  , a  whole swag of golds  and ive kept them  in a fair few , alwas think about changing them  untill i play them

check these deets    on a 360g  golds  YAMADA CUSTOM   mod of mine.

Total Weight: 517g
Head Weight: 360g
Swing Weight: E5.0
Lie Angle: 69°
Loft Angle(Sole): 4°
Real Loft Angle: 4°
Face Angle: 0°open / Shaft Angle: 0°open       ( try getting this done  any where )  
Frequency: 338cpm
Shaft: UST Mamiya FF Shaft 34"
Grip: Gold's Factory Original(Black)

custom yamada  for my   12011th  bday a laqod of years back.

i keep trying to  reshaft his with a " modern shaft . but each time i play it i go, why????
in my mind  this  shud have a muziik  dogatti  or diamana   in it  but after asid round on the prac green  irealise ite perfect as is. which  kind of annoys me  bec i do want the best avaialbe in it

proves to me that shaft is n0 slouch.

my builder tolfd me when they came out these were the most advaned   light weight tech on the mkt   for a redciulously good  pice  and did exactly what they  do,  make the head feel   very alive. have to concur , that they do.

give one of thoese oldies a try  as well , doubt ur going to hate it.

FYI NSPRO have added a 120gm shaft(green logo) to their new range. That has a nice satin finish too.

interested in your experiences with the Accra……

It is interesting with moving the weight around. I still have my first Gold’s PS2. Unfortunately I had it refinished by TSG in boron black. The original finish was so much better. Had the original Gold’s shaft in it, then upgraded to an expensive steel shaft sold by TSG back when, can’t remember the name, felt very little difference. But then I put a Nippon XXIP-D2 in it (149 grams) and it felt like cheating. I had (have) a standard size Iomic grip and it was juslt like the putter was an extension of my arms. So good! Now I find the head too long and the putter too big. About to get a Nordberg putter shipped my way. A small blade with a black chrome Nippon coming in at 135 grams I think. We’ll see how it plays.

I have the Accra FXP300 in my Seemore. Must be 5 years at least now. I don't change putters very often.

• 2 weeks later...

i went bezerk  over the last 2 yrs with mine, swapped so many over , too long, too short too light, only way to know   is to try what doenst work nad when on does , well, thats it. i keep it

what i think  ive found is:

NS purple  logo  xxip  stepelss  130 i think iti is ??   is the best shaft in steel for me in all heads ive tried them in , i lik shimada as well but the   NS  has it covered. 

muziik dogatti  PT makes the ball explode off the face  unlik any  other, when i  play  this shaft  for a spell , and i go back to others    im short all day.
its a very differetn feel and has the most immdiate response of all, its the best  " going away from the field "   FOR DEEP MILLED   faces.

the diamana  pt 135  141g i think has the most  sublime repsonse sent back to the hands  and    super nice tingy feel ,  thats in my GOLDS  gss   360 which i dont take out that much...........  and shud do.... nad wont ever come out it seems to  really like  all head milling bec the GSS is DEEP milled and  its great, persoanlly i think tis wud be  better in  a micp milled  ut , hey if it aint broken.

the frequency filtered   attas is a  real mack daddy of light shafts  but is better  in  lightly milled faces,its gets lost in  deep milled cant feel the ball.

ive tried the quadra but not enough to  give it any dialogue, id imagine its  superb, i remeber it felt great but i never got  one.

also have a cpl  ot copper  TT monacco irons shafts that  godzilla  struggeld   to hit , tip pakced  for more stability , that actually work well but lok AWSOME, each time i take those out i get hteo ld , hey what ... whats   that  one!.  suffice to say its best in deep milled. 

I had the Quadra in a macked out Golds with shell casings, weights all over, pz-milling etc. It felt horrible. Tell me how a pz-milled 001 feels clicky? To me it was crap.

well. theres  no need  for  me to get one in that case. 
ill stick to the tried and true .

wish i ahd a few more   XXIP purples....................... 

I've got quite a few different shafts in high-end putters and I'm not seeing much difference - probably just another good marketing ploy with these putter-only shafts..  To highlight this, I even cut down a special carbon driver shaft (looks like a stick of bamboo) bought from Japan and put it in a Scotty Cameron putter. I only did this because the shaft didn't work in my driver, but it was such a sexy looking shaft, I had to use it for something.....and it cost me over $1000. So now I have a really impressive-looking Scotty Cameron putter and it works just as good as the others - which have dedicated putter shafts in them. Like all golf equipment - it's very much a subjective thing and you should just go with what feels right to you. 

i remember  that  shaft , sanki planaria ?

had a round with one  in  a testclub  once upn a time  ,that was a heck of a driver.

ha lov to make a puttter with a  stinger.

11 hours ago, supo said:

i remember  that  shaft , sanki planaria ?

had a round with one  in  a testclub  once upn a time  ,that was a heck of a driver.

ha lov to make a puttter with a  stinger.

I’ve had that too. Won it here in the forum in some contest Chris had. Great shaft!

correct guys and it sure does get a lot of favorable comments.....and it putts nicely.