Ready to Rock!

TourSpecGolfer

Next Week the Seven Dreamers Invitational at Hamano CC will take place, It's for customers of the L01 and up a Pro Am event full day including lunch, dinner, and prizes.

My gamers are ready! Sunday is the practice round, I have a shoulder injury but that's not stopping me.

If any TSGer's are able to make it please contact me as I'm pretty sure I can get you a spot.

post-18-0-27593500-1456488298_thumb.jpg

7D iron shafts. Very nice. Let us know how they play Chris.

Nice! What heads are they in? Will you sport 7D in your driver and FW's too? And putter perhaps? First price is caddie bag right :-)

Please say Hi to Jumbo Ozaki for us!!

and what head are those irons BTW? a new Seven perhaps?

Nice skinny whips! Looks like big fun. Would love to see custom 7D ferrules! Good luck!

So these are not my gaming irons actually nor are these shafts custom made for me, I've only got 1 good shot at this so I'm choosing the right head for these, 7D set me up with single piece open model heads with a shaft that is somewhat similar to what I should play. This is supposed to help me get a feel for what I can expect when I have my set made.

So I'm torn between my 7MB's or at the complete opposite end of the spectrum PRGR Super Egg irons, If I can control the Super Eggs I only need 6pcs, MB's I need 8 possibly 10 to round out the entire set.

After a practice round and simulator trial of the new 7D shaft they remind me of the driver shaft, my random thoughts are:

- Super straight & accurate

- Incredible spin in the 9/PW

- high launch in #3/4 that starts to go mid/high in #5 and lower to the shorter irons

- Feel is awesome similar to driver shaft in smoothness, no apparent kick at all just a smooth sweep sorta thing

- makes club head feel softer

- very good distance just like the move from steel to carbon I noticed 5-10yd increase I am now noticing a 5-10yds increase over my Fuji MCI 120's.

So taking this forward I just need to commit on a head, I just need to identify my problem clubs and make special requests, we can request less fade on the #4 iron with more draw on #6 iron which is pretty amazing!

For interested people I suggest giving the heads a good thought, then figuring out what you want generally from an iron set, then narrow it down to characteristics for a particular club.

They told me the R&D and fitting costs way more than a driver shaft because of the shorter construction and the amount of metal molds required.

If you guys want to get deeper into 7D I can start a thread on how its different materials & manufacturing wise compared to even the best brands like Fujikura or Mitsubishi or the top boutique shaft makers. I have been to 3 different shaft factories in the last 2 weeks and I could go 2 ways on selecting a shaft & materials.

Going to look so amazing with the sun reflecting off of them.

Sounds like an in-person fitting could be even more appropriate for the iron shafts than the driver.

And I'd def be interested in hearing as much info as you'd care to share about all these shaft technologies. Would enjoy a comparison witht the Crazy's you mention as well.

• 1 month later...

These are not released yet, expecting June still.

The prototypes have changed a lot, it's amazing to see the process 7D goes through evolving products to the highest standard.

Tomorrow I'm headed to their Shiba HQ to test the latest iteration which is:

- Constant Weight when Installed

- Constant CPM when Installed

If your a club geek you know how unique this is.

you would have to own something like the PXG company to spend this sort of money on iron shafts.

you would have to own something like the PXG company to spend this sort of money on iron shafts.

If I had it I'd spend it, definitely.

Has anyone played golf long enough to remember Norwegian ski pole company Swix and their handmade "Performa" shafts? They resemble the look of the 7D quite a bit. They were expensive for their time - probably 1/100th of the 7D or something and actually did perform. They were up against EI70's and Völkl's one-piece kevlar driver (I actually had one - insane to have club head and shaft in one piece but it looked quite cool). So happy I found JDM and went with Honma driver, 3-wood and irons back in 1993. Never really looked back. I wish I can afford to try at least one 7D in the future.